Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First real upgrade- short shift question

Lindzell

U.S. Marine Veteran
Wondering what is the most popular short shift plate upgrade is recommended for the ST? Looking for easiest install. It will be our first mod on our 2017 Fiesta ST. Love the car and want to give it a little more of a rally/racing feel. We will be doing other mods in the future, but for now wanting to do the short shift upgrade and maybe change shift knob and put an extender on.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
L

Lindzell

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #3
Thanks! Curious how you got “the dealer” to install it. I contacted Ford yesterday where we get it serviced and the maintenance department told me they can’t install any aftermarket mods as it would void the warranty.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks! Curious how you got “the dealer” to install it. I contacted Ford yesterday where we get it serviced and the maintenance department told me they can’t install any aftermarket mods as it would void the warranty.
When it first came out, the mountune kit was available as a warranted item if installed by a qualified mechanic. That's over, now. I got the MP 215 power upgrade for the same reason.

OP
L

Lindzell

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #5
When it first came out, the mountune kit was available as a warranted item if installed by a qualified mechanic. That's over, now. I got the MP 215 power upgrade for the same reason.
Oh ok, I see. So now it’s not under warranty if a qualified mechanic does it? Kinda lame.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Mountune is the hardest install (still easy but harder than the others) but far superior. Only downside is it’s a pain to remove if you ever plan on adding a Coolerworx or CAE shifter which don’t work with any transmission side short shifters.

I have the whoosh motorsports version of the short shift kit. It's really easy to install and you don't have to be an expert to do it. I love the feel compared to stock.