Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST MPG is amazing!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I am taking a road trip this weekend. I'll post what I get. So far I have been able to stay close to 31mpg driving around in the suburbs. That is using 93 octane and shifting before 2500rpm.
Do you live up in the higher elevations?

HaveBlue83

I hit the hwy for the first time and i got 45mpg on an hour + trip....thought it was a fluke and reset it....and hit 43-44mpg again. Doing about 70mph. Car just hit 1k mi. Im SHOCKED. Only 93 in the car, bone stock. I get high 20's city/backroads.

Interesting as my first tank all in town was 23.8mpg, second with a little hwy mixed in but mostly city was 28.2mpg, on my third tank it's almost 32mpg again mostly city some hwy thrown in. I don't drive it easy or like I stole it, I go wot a couple times every time I take it out. I usually shift between 2500-3000rpm, I do skip shift from third into fifth if I'm on a level road frequently. Overall I'm very impressed with the actual mpg this little hot hatch is achieving[like]

Hi, I am using 93 octane gas after I emptied the dealers tank. Currently at about 300 miles in the odometer and averaging low 20s. I got this car to park my Expedition since I was averaging 9mpg in it. I plan on using 93 octane gas.

Cheers!

HaveBlue83

i am still seeing the same on the COBB 93 Stage 1 tune so far. I shift at 2k and baby it to get these numbers. if I get on it I see LOW 20mpg figures. if I lay off of it, it goes back to 28-30mpg.

the Focus ST MPG meter is HORRIBLE. it never learns. ours does it over more recent and if you start to drive better it shows it. I hated the focus one so much.

I took a long drive from RI to Mt Washington and averaged 40 mpg on the hway...and btw, there is no traffic, only idiots...learned this carving through the heads of clay clogging up the high speed lane...my gods...and that means that I was obviously getting my foot into it quite often...so yay for mpg and not having to drive like a granny...we bought a good horse

Worst tank was 33.4 and best was 36.2. I have 3,500 miles and my daily commute is mixed highway and stop and go Boston traffic. I did fill up today and set the cruise at 67 miles per hour and the mpg was going back and forth between 40.0 and 39.8. Great to have a car this good on gas and has plenty of pickup when needed.

Going through the mountains between NC and TN on my way to Memphis, was raining a good bit so was being extra careful and averaged 39 MPG. Was shocked due to the elevation changes, but I imagine a lot of the coasting helped it out a good bit. Normally I see 30-31 on there between highway and city driving, which i'm just fine with. My job pays for my mileage so i'm making a good bit of money with the nice MPG we have, covers my payment, insurance, and the occasional part.

I get around 23 mpg, driving on normal roads in England. I rarely drive on a motorway unless I have some kind of planned travel. The ECU is flashed with a Cobb 91 tune, but this is still much better mpg than I used to get in my VW GTI VR6.