Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST Shocks / Struts Upgrade

I’m looking to replace my stock shocks and struts soon since they feel like they’re going out. I’m looking to lower my car, so I’ve been thinking of going with a shock/strut combo with some lowering springs (Eibach Pro Kit). Anybody have any suggestions of what shocks/struts I should go with? My FiST is my DD with a little bit of spirited driving here and there. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #5
Would Koni Str.t’s he suitable? I’m a college student so my budget is fairly limited. Also, I feel like I hear so many options regarding springs, that I feel like I can’t go wrong with either Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport, Mountune or Swift? Although, I do go to school in LA so the roads aren’t the best.

anticon

Just an FYI, if you go with Swift as mentioned above they apparently mate up better with the Bilstein B6's. My mistake, I bought a set of Swifts with B8's and I think its fine but not ideal.

Swifts and Billy B6s have treated me well. Stock springs with B6s are surprisingly good as well. I used to have Konis, and while I think they are decent, the rears are a pain to adjust, and the adjustability isn't very consistent across individual shocks, and they are twin tube, which has advantages and disadvantages.

OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #8
Just regarding my budget, would it be worth to buy the OEM Shocks/Struts over the Koni str.t’s with some lowering springs?

Just regarding my budget, would it be worth to buy the OEM Shocks/Struts over the Koni str.t’s with some lowering springs?

If you are concerned about your budget, and doing the work yourself, I'd say go with some B6s (or the best shocks/struts you can afford), and wait on springs. Lowering brings with it all sorts of issues- I turn into a feisty little snowplow during the winter, and occasionally bang my Pierce 2 point on stuff (especially coming out of parking lots). The B6s actually make the ride a lot better than stock, and improved the car's handling characteristics for autocross.
If you are having the work done, it may benefit you to save up for all the parts so you only have to pay the labor once.

Edit: I feel that pairing lowering springs with stock shocks is the worst of all worlds, as you'd get a crappier ride, reduce performance potential, and reduce everyday utility.
I also value performance way before aesthetics, so take that into account as well.

YMMV.

Last edited:
OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #10
If you are concerned about your budget, and doing the work yourself, I'd say go with some B6s (or the best shocks/struts you can afford), and wait on springs. Lowering brings with it all sorts of issues- I turn into a feisty little snowplow during the winter, and occasionally bang my Pierce 2 point on stuff (especially coming out of parking lots). The B6s actually make the ride a lot better than stock, and improved the car's handling characteristics for autocross.
If you are having the work done, it may benefit you to save up for all the parts so you only have to pay the labor once.
YMMV.
I live in CA, so for the most part the weather isn’t taking into consideration. But, on the contrary, I do go to school in Los Angeles, so the roads here are terrible. Do you know anybody that has ran Koni Str.t’s with OEM springs? I can get those Koni’s from Whoosh for a little over $300, which is suitable for my budget.

I live in CA, so for the most part the weather isn’t taking into consideration. But, on the contrary, I do go to school in Los Angeles, so the roads here are terrible. Do you know anybody that has ran Koni Str.t’s with OEM springs? I can get those Koni’s from Whoosh for a little over $300, which is suitable for my budget.

I'd say do a search on here- some people seem to really like them, others seem to have mixed reviews.
They are more on the budget side, and there is nothing wrong with that- these are budget performance cars, after all.
On the other hand, "buy once, cry once" is a thing to keep in mind if you are looking to upgrade later.

OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #12
Definitely, very wise words here haha. I’m mainly doing this upgrade for the aesthetics. I’m not going to be autox or tracking my FiST anytime soon. But, I’ll definitely try to dig deeper into the forums! I just recently bought my FiST, so I’m not in a huge hurry.