Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FMIC no tune. Warranty or not?

Just wanted to see if this voids a power train warranty? No tune. I thought this mod would help keep the Florida weather at bay.

Just wanted to see if this voids a power train warranty? No tune. I thought this mod would help keep the Florida weather at bay.
If you search void warranty you'll see various will part x void my warranty threads.

Short of it is, it's all grey. If they can say it caused the issue they can deny the claim. The other way to look at it is they have to prove the part causes the issue before denying the claim. However, it can depend on the dealer and how much they don't want to do warranty work. Some dealers have been know to stretch things to deny warranty claims.

If your intercooler needs are relatively minor, why not go with Mountune's and have it installed at a Ford dealership?

It will be an upgrade over stock and the warranty is covered by Ford Racing.

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
Excellent post. I thought mountune was just a European backed warranty. I called them here in the USA. Thanks for that advice.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Specifically, ford dealer noted that they could not cover my CV axle under the warranty due to the upgraded fmic... Then they offered me a great deal... I supply the CV axle and they would install it for me, for only $450. Lmao. That was their way of telling me, "the cv axle is on back-order and we can't have your car with a FMIC sitting on the lot for 2 months with you in a rental car, while Ford floats the bill.

The mountune is only, what? $750 installed lmao. Ford is a joke. Just mod
The car how you want, and fix what ever breaks yourself. Parts are actually very cheap, its not like this is a AMG car or POS STI.

DaveG99

An aftermarket FMIC makes the car run better. There is no way a fmic can cause damage to a car. It's impossible.