Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus RS just arrived today

airjor13

2000 Post Club
In some ways its more fun than the FiST as power comes on much stronger and stays on much longer. However I noticed around the twisties the FiST is still much more fun. Perhaps I'm still adjusting to the weight difference but it drives very different from both the FiST and FoST.

Yes you can really feel the difference in power, and believe me its a huge difference. Torque steer is completely gone which makes it way more fun off the line.
Dude I am so jelly! Do you have any mods planned yet? :)

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
Dude I am so jelly! Do you have any mods planned yet? :)
Lol thanks bud. Just waiting for Cobb to do their thing and release the AP. Then I'm thinking wheels and suspension. I have already scheduled tint and clear bra.

me32

1000 Post Club
In some ways its more fun than the FiST as power comes on much stronger and stays on much longer. However I noticed around the twisties the FiST is still much more fun. Perhaps I'm still adjusting to the weight difference but it drives very different from both the FiST and FoST.

Yes you can really feel the difference in power, and believe me its a huge difference. Torque steer is completely gone which makes it way more fun off the line.

Thats great to hear about the tq steer being gone

DP03

Absolutely love that color!! May I ask what the selling price of these are?

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #25
Absolutely love that color!! May I ask what the selling price of these are?
They are going anywhere from MSRP to $10k over in some states. I ended up getting mine for $3k over because there were two guys waiting in line if I hadn't purchased it.

Rhinopolis

Congrats! Please continue to update this thread over time as I am very interested in hearing your continued impressions

It does feel much heavier than the FiST and going around turns this thing really wants to slide.
No doubt it feels heavier than the FiST (it is), but with respect to sliding, give it some time before you draw any conclusions. Could just be that the tires need some time to break in. Enjoy the car and please do keep us updated here.

GAbOS

Huge grats!!

gotta give me a real world review.. she's heavy. I thought my Ralliart was heavy at 3300. eek!@

..and compete in the same arena as Mits vs Sub AWD [^]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I HATE YOU!!

No, j/k, just obsessively jealous, and CONGRATS and good luck with that monster, ENJOY it in great health!![driving] [twothumb]

Those wheels are growing on me, especially in THAT color.
I guess you did not want to shell out $tupid coin for the 2500 mile to the cords showing, PS Cup 2s??

What wheels are you thinking about for this beast?

I am just glad that the Blue Oval (or ANY domestic nameplate for that matter) has developed (AND sold HERE!) a very high performance, small displacement turbo AWD rally meister of a car! [cool]

One more thing; "May the FoRS be with you!" (sorry, I just had to).

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #31
Thanks everyone and yes I'll certainly share my thoughts and experience as soon as I get more drive time under the belt.

I HATE YOU!!

No, j/k, just obsessively jealous, and CONGRATS and good luck with that monster, ENJOY it in great health!![driving] [twothumb]

Those wheels are growing on me, especially in THAT color.
I guess you did not want to shell out $tupid coin for the 2500 mile to the cords showing, PS Cup 2s??

What wheels are you thinking about for this beast?

I am just glad that the Blue Oval (or ANY domestic nameplate for that matter) has developed (AND sold HERE!) a very high performance, small displacement turbo AWD rally meister of a car! [cool]

One more thing; "May the FoRS be with you!" (sorry, I just had to).
Good one. I haven't decided which wheels yet, still looking around.

Congratulation from a fellow Shadow Black owner......I'm thinking the ride is very similar to the FIST....MAYBE a little softer due to longer wheel base....just my thoughts after almost 400 miles ....track mode is way stiffer than the FIST and heavier weighted steering .........nice to see other others on the Forum with RSs.......oh yeah....I love the feel of the steering wheel

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #34
Congratulation from a fellow Shadow Black owner......I'm thinking the ride is very similar to the FIST....MAYBE a little softer due to longer wheel base....just my thoughts after almost 400 miles ....track mode is way stiffer than the FIST and heavier weighted steering .........nice to see other others on the Forum with RSs.......oh yeah....I love the feel of the steering wheel
Congratulations to you too and it's great to see more FiST to FoRS migration. We've just started a new Focus RS community. If you have time for another forum, please join and share some pictures. I've just started a build thread on there as well.

Congratulations to you too and it's great to see more FiST or FoRS migration. We've just started a new Focus RS community. If you have time for another forum, please join and share some pictures. I've just started a build thread on there as well.
I'll have to check out that forum. I frequent focusrs.org

HaveBlue83

"However I noticed around the twisties the FiST is still much more fun"

reason #1 why i am out of the mk3 focus platform and back into Rally chassis. sig worthy post sir.

enjoy the car....and id suggest NOT modding it until these bugs are worked out.

In a perfect world i would have loved to have kept the FIST......and think the RS and FIST compliment each other very well. It would have made a fun little collection! I only get one parking spot where I live and I didnt need two car payments......who knows....maybe someday Ill be back in the FIST too!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
In a perfect world i would have loved to have kept the FIST......and think the RS and FIST compliment each other very well. It would have made a fun little collection! I only get one parking spot where I live and I didnt need two car payments......who knows....maybe someday Ill be back in the FIST too!
Would a 3 door FiRS get you back in? [biggrin] (I would sell body parts/organs to get into one IF they made it!)