Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus ST e-brake handle swap?

Just wondering if anyone knows if the e-brake handle for the FoST is interchangeable with the FiST's handle. They look about identical except for the metal insert and button. That metal detailing looks better than the plain black FiST e-brake handle. Ties in nicely with the shift knob. So I thought I'd look into the swap.

I saw that there is what looks like a knock-off version of the FoST e-brake handle's metal insert available online. Wondering if it'll fit the FiST's handle. That'd be easier than swapping the whole assembly.

This is the piece I found online.

What do you guys think?

XuperXero

I don't look at mine enough to even remember what mine looks like.... Is it that much worth it for visual appeal? You can't see it when your driving...

OP
FineTooned
Thread Starter #3
Hey. I never claimed it was a rational idea. Most car mods aren't rational. They cost money that won't be recuperated and can often hurt resale. But it's fun. :)

Is it that much worth it for some added visual appeal? That's up to the individual. For me, I guess it depends on the cost. If it can be done for under $20? Sure. For $200? Nope.

I just thought I'd ask if anyone had considered or done this mod.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
There was some chatter about it someplace early last fall but like the rear head rests other than Me I don't see anyone that has taken the time to try it .. But don't be afraid to try though all might not like the result I am sure all appreciate the effort. And besides it your car fix it Your way ;) No worries ;)
Thanks for sharing

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
If it's $20 then it's definitely worth a try.

XuperXero

So I did look at my ebrake handle today. I will agree that the metal insert does look better.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
So I did look at my ebrake handle today. I will agree that the metal insert does look better.
How can you say that and not share pictures with us lol?[wink]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
That looks so much better than what we have here. We have a rubber handle.

I also noticed on yours the USB and AUX input is next to the cig lighter and ours is inside the console.

OP
FineTooned
Thread Starter #10
Very interesting. Yeah. The Chinese version is nicer than the U.S. But very different. I never considered they'd use such a different piece in another country. I was initially thinking something more like the US Focus ST's brake handle like this:

Well, now you can see why I was considering alternatives. :D

I wonder how much money Ford saved going w/ the plain rubber handle in the US.

Yea I hate our cheap plasticy e brake. If It is cheap enough and fits I would 100% buy one. Matches the shifter and door sills nicely.

-ry

XuperXero

Wow I did not know that my ebrake handle was that much nicer. Not to mention mine's leather, not plastic so definitely nicer factor. Now I'm even more satisfied with my car :D

And it would be amazing to have cig lighter, aux/usb in the console rather than my current location.. It's extremely inconvenient, I keep thinking I might bend/break something since it sticks out upward at an awkward angle.

So much for Ford's "One Ford" philosophy eh?

SICKESSS-ST

Just wondering if anyone knows if the e-brake handle for the FoST is interchangeable with the FiST's handle. They look about identical except for the metal insert and button. That metal detailing looks better than the plain black FiST e-brake handle. Ties in nicely with the shift knob. So I thought I'd look into the swap.

I saw that there is what looks like a knock-off version of the FoST e-brake handle's metal insert available online. Wondering if it'll fit the FiST's handle. That'd be easier than swapping the whole assembly.

This is the piece I found online.

What do you guys think?

I like the one on the right, I would get it. [like]

OP
FineTooned
Thread Starter #14
Here's an update. I ordered the trim piece on EBay and it arrived fairly quickly and appears to be good quality. But it isn't an exact fit for the FiST handle. It is close though. It fits at the front of the handle but is wider at the rear. So I am going to try sanding it down to fit. The piece was less than $20. So no big whoop if it doesn't work out. I'll post pics if it works.