Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus ST intake manifold swap on a Fist "how to"

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
The twins (brz/frs) use a combo injection skeem but with there wonderful tq dip there was some talk of that was part of the reason as it transitioned from MPI to DI though when I had my FRS i never cared enough to see if it was true or could be tuned out as a decent exhaust was well north of 1000 $ and that was not including a header which was not out at the time I was shopping but i think nameless has one now .. not that is matters LOL

Also some of the new 2.0 euro VW turbos use the mpi (multi point injection) But not here in the states that I know of yet well not on the Golf R anyways the rest i am not up to snuff on..

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Maybe we need to make our own manifold with injectors in it.

Then find somebody with the brains to make it work with the ECU.....

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you rotate the crank so the cylinder you are working on has the valves closed, pick it out as good as you can, suck it out with a powerful vacuum cleaner, then inspect it with a camera, that might work just fine. Much better to be careful that have some big chucks going through the turbine wheel.

Little bits, residual stuff not able to get to, etc....the right cleaner that will not ignite in the turbo or DP or leak to much past the rings.....run the engine at idle for a bit......inspect it again, repeat as needed...change the oil when it all looks good, back in business:)

Just thinking a bit here, might not be the best recourse but it might work just fine.

Inputs most greatly welcome:)

Rick

(preventative measures are 1st priority of course, really good catch can, etc...)

me32

1000 Post Club
So where are the pics? Kinda of a stupid thread since op didnt show any info

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
How in the hades can seafoam kill a turbo? Really think about it. Are these special turbos? I've used it in rx7's and dsm's.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
Seafoam killing a turbo is news to me, no idea where that came from.
Maybe a cat...

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Seafoam killing a turbo is news to me, no idea where that came from.
Maybe a cat...
I didn't want to offend ford with any info, pictures, or experience. Since everyone else can just make claims and expect them to instantly put in the "fact column", I will do the same now to. I'll post numbers, for my car, but only numbers. No datalogs, no dynos, no pictures, no graphs, just a claim. I share with everyone, but the favor is not returned, and other than me, questioning maybe a poor choice.
Why would you be offending ford? Did I miss something?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
Because their cylinder head sucks, lol. And they obviously don't care much about the car after 36k miles. BMW guys have been "on the hook" for the walnut blasting, think ford will be different? Hope you don't have a air filter upgrade !! Lol.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Yeah, I'll be at 36k this time next year, lol. I guess we will see. Shoot, it might be easier to just pull the head and replace the valves vice walnut blasting. BTW, do they pull the head to do the walnut blasting?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Not sure how you would offend anyone either. Not like they help you out lol. Post the finding back up!

Russ

MOFiST

How long did it take to pull the mani off? I've seen other how to's regarding walnut blasting. Mazdaspeed forums has discussed this at length.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
I already posted on Alex's thread about remembering us, lol. If the fost didn't exist, we'd still be talking about who has the coolest wheels and nothing else, lol

FocusMike

Forget about offending Ford, we're the ones who are left holding the bag when our warranty expires. Post those pictures back up so we can talk about it.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My son and I built the first 1ZZ Toyota Matrix turbo in 2002 with a 5th injector, piggy back controller as far less costly that a stand alone ECU and it worked great so I can see one being used here to clean the valves and help those wanting big power.

I also kept spare manifold in case I ever had one blow up:)

-------------

Quite a bit more complicated but perhaps even better?

Any reason to not use 4 little injectors in a modified stock manifold right before the ports?

I know they are split, perhaps they can be modifed to be fully open the knife edge the pairs on the head, SS know the answer to that?