Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus ST intake manifold swap on a Fist "how to"

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I had my catch can on since 1400 miles. May take mine off for a comparison.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
What do the bridges look like in the inside of the intake manifold that split the ports?. Nice radius or a flat edge?.
Thanks.

I know the Ecoboost family of engines has a bad rep for this but...this soon that low of miles is a bit concerning. Time for me to buy a catch can. The build up on the valve stems after only 11k miles is ridiculous. I have taken apart old 4G63's with 100k miles of abuse that looked better than this. Very disappointed Ford is still letting this happen.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I know the Ecoboost family of engines has a bad rep for this but...this soon that low of miles is a bit concerning. Time for me to buy a catch can. The build up on the valve stems after only 11k miles is ridiculous. I have taken apart old 4G63's with 100k miles of abuse that looked better than this. Very disappointed Ford is still letting this happen.
As long as it doesn't cause a break down in the first 36k miles.
After that... Its "maintenance".

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I love this car but now have 3 things to be pissed off about.

1) No stock catch can or better way to deal with the oil issue above, or cleaning solution recommended like walnut blasting, retarded!

2) BCM back up camera, HU, not able to install back up camera, unless spend a fortune, retarded!

3) Damn glue used to hold the headlights together, nice way to discourage us from modding them, actually great stuff if staying stock.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
After seeing our cylinder head ports.... This comes to mind every time I think about the engine now....

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I still get a good laugh every time when the recommended clean up procedure for "high tech" DI motors is walnut blasting LOL

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
I use walnut hand wash at work to get grease off, why not use it on my engine !!? I bet it loves BBq sauce like me too !!!

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thanks for sharing this...at least now we know that it doesn't work.[twothumb]

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
How well does the port in the head match the IM port? Port matching?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
Yoda has been using it in their GS400 for a good while. Like... 6+ years.