Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How well do you think Ford is marketing the Fiesta ST?

How well do you think Ford is marketing the Fiesta ST?

• Great Job

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Decent Job

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Awful

Votes: 40 78.4%

• Total voters

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Is it just me or have I not seen any commercials for the Fiesta ST at all? Do you guys think Ford is doing a great job advertising and promoting the Fiesta ST?

I don't watch tv. [8]

I do remember seeing a commercial about the fiesta. It looked like a little economy car for taking college students to house parties. I remember when they showed two dudes in the car, and when the driver pushed a button, lights came on a girls appeared in the back seat and started dancing. My fiesta button must be broken. No dancing girls appear. [confused]

C. love

To be honest I hadn't heard a thing about them until I happened upon mine. The only reason i even heard of the focus St is because a buddy of mine wanted one and I made fun of him for it lol. We even test drove one and I was like 30k for this??!! ok car but not 30k ok. Odd turn of events huh?

Perry

The question presupposes that Ford is marketing the FiST. Yet there's no clear evidence that is the case. Oh, sure, I suppose there's a bit of behind-the-scenes whispering, the odd suggestion that "You should take a look at this," that sort of thing. But actual marketing? Not really. My hope would be not that they'd flog the thing 'round the block trying to get everyone to buy one, but occasionally open the barn door enough for people to get a peek inside. Maybe that's what they're doing, in such a way that one can't see it being done, but if so, I'd like to see a touch more of it.

As a for instance, a TV spot in which a car enthusiast is perusing the Motor Trend candidates for World Performance Car of the Year. He scans down the list: Alfa, Audi, Ferrari, Lambo, Merc, Beemer . . . Fiesta ST? Shots of same person driving, say, the 458, the Aventador, the Alfa, with lots of knowing nods and the like. He then walks up to a FiST, helmet in hand. Stands, peruses it for a moment, then shrugs and opens the door. Cut away to the car screaming through a turn, then slicing through a slalom. Ending with an interior shot of the driver smiling--and not wearing a helmet or racing suit, driving a winding mountain road next to another kind of exotic beauty. End with the ST logo on screen.

Not only have I never seen advertising for the car, my dealer knew nothing about it. I read auto guide, car and driver, motor trend, etc daily so I already knew what this car was all about. I basically had to explain all of that to the dealer when I went to test drive.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
It may just be me but I am ok with nobody knowing about it.
I like the idea of being in the exclusive crowd...but I fear if Ford doesn't make the sales numbers we won't see the FiST long term stateside. I remember when I was looking to buy, a salesman thought the Focus ST and the Fiesta ST were the same car and walked me over to see the FoST when I asked to see the FiST. To me that screams really poor marketing and training.

I think we are the advertising...word of mouth...like a grass roots campaign...it's free and there is no better way to promote something than happy customers spreading the gospel..2 cents

Perry

I like the idea of being in the exclusive crowd...but I fear if Ford doesn't make the sales numbers we won't see the FiST long term stateside. I remember when I was looking to buy, a salesman thought the Focus ST and the Fiesta ST were the same car and walked me over to see the FoST when I asked to see the FiST. To me that screams really poor marketing and training.
Bingo.

I don't think Ford wants to spend the advertising dollars on such a low production car...even a "hallo" model. There is more to be made with truck ads and other Fords that dealers actually stock. As I mentioned on another thread, even the regional auto shows didn't have either the FiST or FoST on the floor. I suspect only the major auto shows in the USA had them (can anybody that attended Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, LA or NY confirm?). Except for Ford's online sales promotions, email campaigns and their "My Ford" quarterly magazine, you just won't see a targeted ad for any of the ST's. That's OK with me as word-of-mouth is probably all that is needed to push the few ST's produced out of the showrooms. Just my 2-cents worth...

As for dealers not knowing about it, that is just them sucking at their job. I bet margins are pretty low on this and they would much rather you buy a 30k Fusion or a 50k F150 anyways. I for one just went to a different dealer to deal with someone who knows their product and is good at their job. It was a bonus that I got a pretty good deal on a factory order and that its getting built quicker than expected. All the forums and websites raving about the car are really going to be the only effective marketing for a unit like this. Most of the 20 somethings are going to get a Focus instead, its faster for about the same money, this is a car that is too small for many people in the US, just look at the normal Fiesta numbers. They are pretty low as people get the Focus or Fusion instead as its a "better value" aka bigger but not more expensive.

This will end up being the FWD Miata, when is the last time you saw a Miata commercial? They keep selling (not a lot but it is not going away) as people know what it is good for and what it isn't.

Ford does very good marketing on the Fiesta ST, specially during GRC (Global RallyCross) events. With drivers such as Ken Block, Foust, Deegan, etc using the name ST, it makes every kid and enthusiast want the car which works very good in Fords favor. However, like mentioned above, word of mouth spreads quick, especially with happy customers which is free advertising for them and benefits them in the best way. They also do the Octane Academy in which the Fiesta ST is used.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
If it wasn't for all these auto mags and what not ranting and raving about this car, I dont think anyone would care or know what the FiST is.

Funny, I was excited about the focus ST, and thought "man, if they made an ST version of the fiesta, I'd be all over it!". I had no idea they were a thing in Europe. When I read they were hitting the states, it was a done deal. No marketing needed, at least in my case šŸ˜Š

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Funny, I was excited about the focus ST, and thought "man, if they made an ST version of the fiesta, I'd be all over it!". I had no idea they were a thing in Europe. When I read they were hitting the states, it was a done deal. No marketing needed, at least in my case šŸ˜Š
Yep same thing for me.
I saw one drive by in Sept and was like "they actually made one!?"
3 months later I got mine lol

C. love

My dealer was clueless too. i am very sure i read ford anticipated selling about 5,000 fiesta st. I think they will hit their goal. to be honest the thought of having a low produxtion run car is why I am not really trying to sell mine

Not only have I never seen advertising for the car, my dealer knew nothing about it. I read auto guide, car and driver, motor trend, etc daily so I already knew what this car was all about. I basically had to explain all of that to the dealer when I went to test drive.
Me too! I had to explain everything,my salesman didn't know anything. My mother was with me at the time and on the way home she joked and was like "omg Ryan you were telling that guy things and I was watching his face like [unbelieveable] and he prob was trying to remember everything you were telling him so he could use it to sell to the next buyer". The salesman even told me he didn't know much about both FOST and FIST bc most people buying were looking for fusions,regular focus',explorers,escapes,and trucks.[dunno] pretty much most majority are not looking for these cars and we are a special small percent looking to buy these "driver cars,for car enthusiast".

It may just be me but I am ok with nobody knowing about it.
I feel the same way,I actually like that no one knows about them and to be honest I almost don't want them to be on the market for no more than 1 more year.just '14 and '15 models would keep our cars at an Excellent resale value!

-ry