Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

For hose with GarageLine Spacers

*should have read 'For those* with..."

Just scored a set of these... Is it just me or do the supplied short lugnuts fit the taper like absolute sh!t? It doesn't even look like there is enough room to keep a socket on the nut to get 100ft lbs of torque.

*should have read 'For those* with..."

Just scored a set of these... Is it just me or do the supplied short lugnuts fit the taper like absolute sh!t? It doesn't even look like there is enough room to keep a socket on the nut to get 100ft lbs of torque.
They don't fit worth a crap, actually. You're categorically correct. I used open-ended spline drive lugs instead of the garbage Garage Line sent.

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #3
They don't fit worth a crap, actually. You're categorically correct. I used open-ended spline drive lugs instead of the garbage Garage Line sent.
Glad I'm not the only one. This is what I ended up switching to... image.jpeg

Looks good. Where did you get those lugs from? Part #?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #5
Looks good. Where did you get those lugs from? Part #?

Tossed the box and receipt but got them at NAPA. Any parts store should have them tho.

Best part is- torqued the new lugnuts to 100lbs, then I threaded the old lugnut on top of the new one. The remaining threads that were left visible was the *exact* amount that needed ground off in the rear to clear the stock wheels.

Good to know! [twothumb] Does this apply to only the rears?

Tossed the box and receipt but got them at NAPA. Any parts store should have them tho.

Best part is- torqued the new lugnuts to 100lbs, then I threaded the old lugnut on top of the new one. The remaining threads that were left visible was the *exact* amount that needed ground off in the rear to clear the stock wheels.

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #7
Good to know! [twothumb] Does this apply to only the rears?
As far as I know and mirroring my experience; with the stock wheels, the fronts are fine with the 15mm spacers but the rears, because the hat is thinner than the front hats, the stud interferes with the stock wheel, needing grinding/cutting.

How much would you say they need to be ground? I'm wondering if you can get away with an additional 3mm spacer instead of grinding.

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #11
One minute per stud with a angle grinder/flapper wheel. Easy.