Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

For those familier with removing AC compressor

UPDATE: The clutch relay WAS the problem; the Ebay replacement DID work and fit and you CAN replace it by undoing the three mounting bolts and dropping the compressor just enough to take out the bolt and the two C-Clips to replace the relay...however...ITS IS A HUGE PAIN IN THE A$$ and must have smallish hands to do so. After I solid three hours of cursing and burning alive in the sun switched the AC on and the sound there was a loud sound of rocks followed by the stench of a burning belt. turned AC off, then cycled it a few times and rock sound eventually went away but cold air never started to blow so the compressor will need to be replaced anyway after all. Compressor also got super hot so something blew up inside it. And..yes the refrigerant levels were fine.

So ive tracked my problems to the AC clutch relay and just got the relay in the mail. My question is if yall think i can just undo the mounting bracket and drop the compressor with all hoses still attached just enough to get to the nut and c-clips to replace the relay so i don't have to drain all my refrigerant. Id really like to save the time and money and not have to remove and replace the 134a.

Last edited:
The relay or the clutch? The relay is in the BJB by the battery. The Clutch is a bit more tedious and could be doable without removing the compressor entirely, but you will need to check for clutch airgap to keep from melting the clutch entirely.