Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is the best (brightest, and longest sight distance) brand replacement for the H11 low beams on our FiST? I currently trying out some Sylvania Ultras, but not greatly impressed, not sure if I am truly seeing much of a difference? I have seen some decent prices on PIAA bulbs online. Are the PIAA worth the extra cost? Ans what about those Sylvania ZXE bulbs? Are they good? Or just for the blue ricer look?
I have ZXE's and they're white-not blue. I've had quite a few friends ask me if they were HID. I like the whiteness and clarity, but I have no frame of reference outside of the OEM bulbs. They don't compare to the HID's in my FoST3, but they're great for a plug-and-play bulb.
I just found out something weird. I went to AutoZone the other night. I was going to buy a set of the ZXE bulbs until I noticed that the Sylvania Ultra bulbs they had were different from the same bulbs I first bought from Walmart! The Walmart Ultra bulbs were completely clear. The Ultra bulbs from AutoZone were partially coated blue, having a small section in the middle being clear. Also, the AutoZone bulbs were tipped in gold and made in Germany. The Walmart bulbs were tipped in silver, and not made in Germany. Hmmmm. Going to install them tomorrow. Hope they do make a difference.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So the ones you got at Walmart are the the not made in Germany ones? And those aren't white but hint of blue? I'm about to buy some so I want to make sure I buy the right ones.

So the ones you got at Walmart are the the not made in Germany ones? And those aren't white but hint of blue? I'm about to buy some so I want to make sure I buy the right ones.
The Walmart bulbs were not made in Germany, and were completely clear, no blue tint.

These are the bulbs I got from AutoZone

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh okay. How are the Walmarts one again? You have them installed right now correct?

I'd definitely appreciate an update after you install the Autozone ones.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
That's really interesting and now something I'm really curious about.

Oh okay. How are the Walmarts one again? You have them installed right now correct?

I'd definitely appreciate an update after you install the Autozone ones.
That's really interesting and now something I'm really curious about.
I will try to install them today, hopefully if it gets a bit cooler - dreaded Texas heat and humidity!

There is a definite huge difference in quality too, between the two packages, with the german ones far superior looking.

Ok, installed the better AutoZone bulbs yesterday. They did make a slight better difference. They are a touch brighter, and a bit more whiter than the Walmart bulbs, due to having a partial blue coating on them. Can't compare to the ZXE bulbs, as I did not buy those (yet?).

Now that I had both packages, and the Walmart bulbs out, I see o was wrong about a few things.

The Walmart bulbs were Ultras, but wow, did not realize there were different versions of H11 Ultras:

The left is the AutoZone partial blue tint, the right is the Walmart non tinted (in the pic, still had the OEM bulbs inside for storage, pre-install). Notice the extra "SU/2" model number? Crazy, huh?

Also, the Walmart ones turned out to also be made in Germany, and have a gold tip.

Not the best pics in the world, but here is somewhat a comparison:

The Walmart non tinted still had yellow light, though brighter than stock

The AutoZone partial tint were more white

Hope this helps some of you?

Could someone post pics similar angle for the ZXE, please? And maybe some PIAA as well? Thanks!

Also, how much a PITA is it to replace the dogs?

cxwrench

When I look on ebay for bulbs and input the make/model/trim/year every auction for H11 bulbs says they don't fit the application. I know this is wrong, but why does it keep popping up w/ this 'does not fit' warning?

edit: I bought some Sylvania ZXE's locally and obviously the H11 fits perfectly. They work pretty well too [like]

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Sweet, thanks man. I liked stage 2 of their license plate bulbs for other vehicles but they don't have them for the 2014 model year so I have to go this route. Hopefully they're the same output.

Has anyone replaced the turn signals yet? I'm on a light swapping craze, just did the interior and plate lights, and ordered bulbs for the cargo area and reverse lights. I want to do the front and rear turn signals but this whole CK, not CK, switchback stuff is confusing me. What have you guys done for turn signals?

If you get your LED bulbs from Diode Dynamics or XenonDepot, they will have the correct bulbs for your car, in my experience. With that said, irregardless of Ck or non-CK LED bulbs, you will need a resistor to go along with your LED to prevent the hyperflashing and/or light out error message that is associated with the lower wattage of LEDs. I did the rear turn signals with Amber LEDs and resistors from Diode Dymanics. Came out great. Now planning to do the front turn signals with amber as well. Don't want to have the all white look in the front. I like the contrast that the amber lights give.

Has anyone replaced the turn signals yet? I'm on a light swapping craze, just did the interior and plate lights, and ordered bulbs for the cargo area and reverse lights. I want to do the front and rear turn signals but this whole CK, not CK, switchback stuff is confusing me. What have you guys done for turn signals?

I find the best way to replace the fog light bulbs to LED ones is to remove the headlights. Once they're removed, you have direct open access to the fog lights below.

And write ups or diagrams showing how to change the fog light bulbs?