Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Injen adventure

I recently received my Injen short ram intake system from Modbargains and decided to spend some time this weekend installing it. First thing I noticed was how good this thing looked as i was pulling it out of the box, the polsihed finish looks fantastic! I did however run into a few hiccups during installation. First thing I had to do was THOROUGHLY clean out the intake tube as there was quite a bit of metallic bits left behind from the manufacturing process.
IMG_0671.jpg
I was surprised to find as much loose metal as I did, but spending time cleaning the tube out with an old T-shirt wasn't all that bad. Removing the old intake tube and installing the new one take some finesse and maybe a few choice words but arent terrible to do. The only fitment issue I ran into was here, IMG_0675.jpg
I ended up replacing the two o-rings on the plastic fitting with some that have a slightly lower profile in order to get the hose to clip back in place. In the end it looks great and sounds AWESOME! I did install the hydrosheild as well (pictured)
IMG_0672.JPG

Now, I have another issue and I cant imagine it is anything more than pure coincidence that it happened while installing this intake but after finishing installation I hopped in the car to take it for a test drive aaaand I have no brakes [facepalm]. The pedal is stuck in place and doesn't budge when I try to depress it. Absolutely nothing with the brake system was tampered with in anyway, Im taking the car into the dealer tomorrow morning to have the brakes looked at.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
For Kicks you could make sure the wheels are chocked and Ebrake off and run a system report with the Sync thingy see if that has any info.. But as Colin said sounds like a booster issue if you have brakes but no power brakes if I am reading correctly and a pinch of assuming (and we all know what that does)... Like the looks as well as the hydro shield...

OP
ileftthestoveon
Thread Starter #5
Did you disconnect the brake booster on accident?
You mean the hose that comes from the booster and connects on right top in the center of the engine bay? The one that seems so obvious that nobody could ever possibly overlook? yeah... I uh, got a bit ahead of myself and overlooked that one... (tucks tail between legs and hides in the corner.) All is well now, thanks man.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
You mean the hose that comes from the booster and connects on right top in the center of the engine bay? The one that seems so obvious that nobody could ever possibly overlook? yeah... I uh, got a bit ahead of myself and overlooked that one... (tucks tail between legs and hides in the corner.) All is well now, thanks man.
HaHa good thing we got Colin around to keep us honest LOL glad it was a EZ fix too...

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
lol. glad you didn't do anything crazy and were able to sort it out.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
HaHa good thing we got Colin around to keep us honest LOL glad it was a EZ fix too...
:cool:

Hey not a problem, glad you got it squared away

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
good to hear it went okay for you and that you're happy with it after actually installing it

and yes, similarly, when I installed mine I missed that line too - I fired up the car and was all... I'm hearing a hiss, there's a big vac leak somewhere... and sure enough I'd missed that one.

Looks good,I can't wait,mine is coming Thursday. Quick question,that cover that's over the filter with the Injen logo on it, did it come with the intake? I hope it does,I like that and would like to use it.

-ry

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Looks good,I can't wait,mine is coming Thursday. Quick question,that cover that's over the filter with the Injen logo on it, did it come with the intake? I hope it does,I like that and would like to use it.

-ry
It doesn't. It also restricts flow a bit
Honestly, unless your driving through GIANT puddles, thats not going to do much as this is a short ram intake and not a cold air that sit in the fender. And it's deffiently not worth it if you only want it for the looks haha. to each their own though....

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club

-ry
the thing you're referring to is a Hydroshield, which is something you may want to consider if you live in an especially wet climate. It's an optional extra you can order separately.

OP
ileftthestoveon
Thread Starter #15
It doesn't come with it but the part # is X-1033blk I got mine from summit racing, shipped for under $28 and I had it the next morning. I decided that for me, it was a good idea because after driving around in the winter I could see the amount of moisture getting under the hood under the hood from the salty splash marks left behind. It was enough to make me uncomfortable with having just a "naked" filter, as this is my daily driver. Taking the extra precaution and having the piece of mind were worth the relatively low cost in my opinion.

Yea I'll prob order one come this October before the winter,now that spring is not to far away I'll stick with the stock setup. I def would not want to run that hydro shield during the summer.

-ry

have this on order but still waiting for them to ship. 5 business days to long to wait? What was your turn around for getting this to you? It also looks like a pain to install after looking at my engine bay today [wrenchin]

OP
ileftthestoveon
Thread Starter #19
have this on order but still waiting for them to ship. 5 business days to long to wait? What was your turn around for getting this to you? It also looks like a pain to install after looking at my engine bay today [wrenchin]
When I ordered mine it was on back order for a week, I believe it is because they are made to order. Installation can be abit finicky due to the lack of wiggle/finger space in certain areas. The only real issue I had though was that the crank case breather line didn't want fit into the new intake tube. I ended up swaping the o-rings out for some with a barely lower profile and the line managed to fit in quite snugly. You can pick up a pack of generic assorted o-rings at any auto part or hardware store for a couple bucks if you end up needing to.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
When I ordered mine it was on back order for a week, I believe it is because they are made to order. Installation can be abit finicky due to the lack of wiggle/finger space in certain areas. The only real issue I had though was that the crank case breather line didn't want fit into the new intake tube. I ended up swaping the o-rings out for some with a barely lower profile and the line managed to fit in quite snugly. You can pick up a pack of generic assorted o-rings at any auto part or hardware store for a couple bucks if you end up needing to.
Correct; all Injen intakes are made-to-order in Pomona; I saw it happening Firsthand lol
Install really isn't hard. Don't be scared of it, it's nothing you can't handle yourself.

Having worked on a Focus ST, I appreciate how much easier everything is to get at. It also explained why the focus was so much heavier (useless shutter system etc)