Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tranny/shifting noise

Hey has anyone installed a stiffer rmm and had rattling noises possibly the Eula mass flywheel make noise when there shifting into 1/2/3? It never rattled before but right after I got it installed it started making the noise. It doesn't make the noise if I just hold the clutch pedal in, it makes it when I apply the gas and slip ease off the clutch into gear it's like a rattling noise. Maybe it's because of the stiffer mount? Apart from that the car drives great. Any help would be great thanks

My '15 has always made that sound, it's probably the flywheel.

My friend's '16 also makes the sound, so does the one I test drove at the dealership because I too was paranoid of the sound.

It's pretty odd, mine does it only while you engage the clutch when the car is moving (ie 1->2 2->3 shift) but not the initial take off in 1st unless you are moving already.

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
My '15 has always made that sound, it's probably the flywheel.

My friend's '16 also makes the sound, so does the one I test drove at the dealership because I too was paranoid of the sound.

It's pretty odd, mine does it only while you engage the clutch when the car is moving (ie 1->2 2->3 shift) but not the initial take off in 1st unless you are moving already.
Yea my '15 does it 1-3 pretty much always, it might be in my head but when it's warmed up or warmer outside it gets a little quieter but I might be wrong. It can be pretty loud tho is urs not like super loud but loud enough to where friends riding in the car notice and there like what's that noise