Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tranny upgrades?

Feeling the slightest slippage in my transmission, going to use it as an excuse to upgrade.

On my radar are, clutch, LSD, master/slave cylinders.

I'm looking at Whoosh for all these. Tentatively thinking, Whoosh Stage 3 kit, Wavetrac (or Quaife... kinda torn) and OEM/RTS respectively.

For future planning, I might do turbo at some point (probably won't mess with fuel system though).

Anything else I should consider while I've got it open?

Appreciate your experience/insights and TYIA!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The only other things to consider are a higher (numerical) final drive ratio, but you would probably want to know which turbo upgrade, and how much power it will make and WHERE it will make said power before deciding on that option.

And maybe upgrading the synchros to that carbon blocker ring kit option which Ron offers on his site.
But this will involve much more labor co$t$ and down time as the whole internal cluster has to be dissected for installation.

I really wish that someone made an upgraded, stronger, and more long lived clutch master and slave cylinder assemblies for out application, but I guess there were just not enough of our rides made to justify that upgraded component. [dunno] [:(]

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Feeling the slightest slippage in my transmission, going to use it as an excuse to upgrade.

On my radar are, clutch, LSD, master/slave cylinders.

I'm looking at Whoosh for all these. Tentatively thinking, Whoosh Stage 3 kit, Wavetrac (or Quaife... kinda torn) and OEM/RTS respectively.

For future planning, I might do turbo at some point (probably won't mess with fuel system though).

Anything else I should consider while I've got it open?

Appreciate your experience/insights and TYIA!
Don’t know if anyone has figured out who makes the clutch for Whoosh, but many of us have RTS clutch/flywheel and love it. I like knowing who manufactures stuff before buying, but that’s purely a matter of preference. The single mass flywheel in the RTS kit adds a small amount of vibration at idle, but it’s negligible unless you have really stiff mounts.

Ran an RTS fixed flywheel and sprung clutch with stock mounts and poly lower gearbox mount. No NVH increase compared to stock.

I can recommend Quaife, it really did pull straight compared to open. And pulled into corners more efficiently. Felt great. Don't think the Wavetrac offers 30-40% better performance as the pricepoint would suggest imho.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ivery
Ran an RTS fixed flywheel and sprung clutch with stock mounts and poly lower gearbox mount. No NVH increase compared to stock.

I can recommend Quaife, it really did pull straight compared to open. And pulled into corners more efficiently. Felt great. Don't think the Wavetrac offers 30-40% better performance as the pricepoint would suggest imho.
I'VE Ran Both Wavetrac and Mfactory * there wasn't much of a difference between them TBH. But then again I don't track...I just Highway Hawk stuff. hzPeZQ8ZgGxrxCxlVn.gif