Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fusion spied in ST trim

Hmm, they should kill the Taurus (let Lincoln handle that segment), and move the Police Interceptor package over to the Fusion. Should cost less being that fully loaded the price difference is about 10,000 (Taurus SHO vs Fusion Tit). After 75,000-100,000 mi on the clock, consumers like us would have an influx Police Interceptor Package Fusions ready for minimal modding (as long as it's fitted with the 2.7) to surpass the ST trim.

It makes sense that Ford would want to introduce at least one performance version for the Aussies who will be losing the Falcon (they will gain the Mustang though soon) and for Europeans who want a Modeno ST revival.

They also need to bring over the wagon. I understand the reason for not bring the Focus wagon over (Ford Escape), I don't want to understand why they didn't green-light the Fiesta Van (would have been an awesome as a built ST).

*Not an ST, described as having the diesel, but you get the idea.

You know what, who cares about the ST[eek],

This:

+ this:

=

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I had a fusion sport. Not many people realize, its the fusion body, but has the 3.5L DOHC engine from Taurus base in it. It was not slow, it would pull the same as my G35 from a roll ( not a chance from a dig ). But it was fairly crappy to drive because all the weight on the nose and fwd. It really turned me off to every owning a V6 fwd car, even a blazing fast accord V6 ( those things run like 14.0-14.5 btw STOCK ). I've driven the SHO and the coo version of the SHO ( stripped interior, but sho power ). The cop car was fun. The normal sho, it felt like it was holding back like crazy in 1st gear, then 2nd gear it felt like it was really trying to be slow. 3rd gear came, with the gear fully engaged, it just kicked the speedo over like punting a football. I'd never felt a car so held back from nannies. $44k ? No thanx, lol.

Point is... This sounds awesome, but they are going to have to pull out some audi magic or something to deal with that heavy nose. Awd obviously will help a ton. Either way, I'm excited to see it :)

Hmm, they should kill the Taurus
They are, in a sense. It is moving off the current Global D chassis and onto a widened/lengthened version of the Mondeo/Fusion, which also underpins the Edge/MKX.

This chassis will be Ford's "Stairway To Heaven" as it is highly modular.

The ubiquitous D chassis will finally underpin only large SUV/Wagons and not try to mask itself as a car chassis, which is where Taurus inherits so many of its shortcomings from, like weight, size and inefficient packaging of the interior.

Maybe....

Btw, don't you hate those wheels? all I can think about everytime I see them is "Sentra".... [xx(]
Ha! That's not a denial ;) I do see them changing the front grill/fascia like the new Focus. Being available in AT certainly adds to the case against it being an ST.
The wheels are OK. I don't hate them. Looks like they're going the ebony route like the 16 FiST's.

Ha! That's not a denial ;) I do see them changing the front grill/fascia like the new Focus. Being available in AT certainly adds to the case against it being an ST.
The wheels are OK. I don't hate them. Looks like they're going the ebony route like the 16 FiST's.
No, that's not a denial... "anything is possible" (Even a Voodoo powered Fusion, who knows?), the real deal is the "probability" of happening.

You said that on the Focus forum and I know you cant give any info but please give us a model year. 2017?
Yeeeees, I said the same thing because I want to spread the word but I won't hahahaha. I can tell you that is not a 2016MY for sure hahaha and it won't be a 2019MY for obvious reasons (As you can see, its not a test mule, is more like a prototype). It can be 2017MY, it can be 2018MY... I don't know, only time will tell.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
How's a voodoo powered fusion even a possibly, serious work to get that motor to fit transversely...

How's a voodoo powered fusion even a possibly, serious work to get that motor to fit transversely...
With a lot of work and effort it's POSSIBLE (think Aussie Falcon), but the probability of having a Voodoo powered RWD Fusion is almost zero. Again, it's possible but not probable.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
With a lot of work and effort it's POSSIBLE (think Aussie Falcon), but the probability of having a Voodoo powered RWD Fusion is almost zero. Again, it's possible but not probable.
Right of course because completely different platforms. I would venture to say it's impossible to have an RWD Fusion as we currently know it unless Ford decides to scrap their mid-size bread and butter FWD/AWD and replace it with a new RWD platform (not gonna happen).

Right of course because completely different platforms. I would venture to say it's impossible to have an RWD Fusion as we currently know it unless Ford decides to scrap their mid-size bread and butter FWD/AWD and replace it with a new RWD platform (not gonna happen).
The "unless Ford decides to" is the keyword, meaning "it's possible" [:p] but you're right... "not gonna happen".

jayrod1980

They are, in a sense. It is moving off the current Global D chassis and onto a widened/lengthened version of the Mondeo/Fusion, which also underpins the Edge/MKX.

This chassis will be Ford's "Stairway To Heaven" as it is highly modular.

The ubiquitous D chassis will finally underpin only large SUV/Wagons and not try to mask itself as a car chassis, which is where Taurus inherits so many of its shortcomings from, like weight, size and inefficient packaging of the interior.
Not to hijack the thread but this would pretty much solve all of the Taurus's faults. The car is tiny inside and on the wrong chassis. The same chassis has got to have a 1/3rd of the interior room that my wife's Flex Ecoboost has. By the way... the engine is held back until you get it TUNED! 400 bucks and you get 60hp/60tq and 0-60 in the Flex anyway drops to around 5.0 seconds.

I think they will have no problem making the Fusion with AWD a fun, and relatively well balanced car, despite the nose. It will be stupid fast.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #37
2017 Ford Fusion gets 325-hp Sport model with AWD

Performance estimates should be announced this week by Ford during its debut at Detroit Auto show....

January 10, 2016

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/11/2...usauto00000016

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...pr=20553875903

"To go along with the expected visual tweaks and equipment updates for its mid-cycle refresh, the Ford Fusion is expanding its lineup for 2017 with the addition of two new trim levels, Sport and Platinum. Weā€™re most excited about the new, performance-oriented 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport, even if itā€™s not the full-bore Fusion ST we were hoping for.

The Fusion V6 Sport (pictured) is powered by Fordā€™s 2.7-liter twin-turbo V-6, which routes its 325 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque through a six-speed automatic transmission and standard all-wheel drive. Ford isnā€™t yet providing any performance estimates, but the Fusion sure does have a lot more power than other V-6 options in the midsize sedan segment like the 278-hp Honda Accord, the 268-hp Toyota Camry, and the 270-hp Nissan Altima. The Fusion Sport will be more expensive than its competitors, though, with a starting price of $34,350 with destinationā€”the Camry, Accord, and Altima V-6 models start between $28,000-$32,000".

2017-ford-fusion-sport-front-three-quarters.jpg

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #39
Darn 6-speed auto, but still with a flash it should be a killer sleeper!
Yeah agree about 6-speed auto ..that was a bit of a disappointment to hear...But like you said it should still be quite the sleeper after COBB releases some tuning capability for it...

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I can work with what it is, especially at the price point of being sub-$35K, but kind of wished it looked more like this...