Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford makes it official dropping all but two cars

Makes sense.

Fiesta is too small for NA, name is trashed. Only trims that have positive reviews are the 1.0SFE and the ST. Focus competition is too strong, honestly better options if you're not wanting the ST. Fusion segment is dead. Taurus is outdated, Lincoln will serve purpose better here.

They should likely offer different trim levels of the Focus Active.

I will say it would be stupid to not offer an FWD version with a tuned 2.0 EB with the stick, even in Active form without the ST goodies, if the RS/ST siblings are going away.
If they offer an AWD option it would also cut into Subaru's offerings a good bit.

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
We Americans are programmed that bigger is better. BIG fine car, BIG house, BIGGIE size. Every model has to be bigger with each new model. I have a friend that purchased a new Toyota RAV 4 when they first came out and has purchased several new ones since. And with every new one the same comment, "I should have never got rid of my first one". Says the new one is much much larger than her original. And as the trucks and SUV's started getting popular I started hearing my own children saying that they needed SUV's because you are "better off" in a wreck even if they roll over like a ball. I believe I am in a better position to avoid a wreck with better handling and stopping distance than trucks and SUV's. I have always loved smaller cars and our Fiesta's never make me feel I am in a small car but when I park it and see how little of a parking space it takes it impresses me more and more. I will drive it until one of us dies! [wrenchin]

dumb ass move there! DIdn't these companies learn anything from years past when gas was $4-5/gallon? Omg they're digging their own graves.. here's an idea, control spending and phase out the dumb vehicles that don't make any money. Over supply of vehicles on the market anyhow... RS value went up

Business6

dumb ass move there! DIdn't these companies learn anything from years past when gas was $4-5/gallon? Omg they're digging their own graves.. here's an idea, control spending and phase out the dumb vehicles that don't make any money. Over supply of vehicles on the market anyhow... RS value went up
It will inevitably happen again. When a crisis or disaster strikes and those prices skyrocket people are going to abandon their SUVs like they did before which electric will undoubtedly try to take advantage of. But, again, these people buying the SUVs are the problem first and foremost, not necessarily the companies producing them. It can devolve into a chicken/egg debate, obviously, but if they're in such financial constraints that they have to ditch their SUV when gas prices double then you never could afford the damn thing to begin with.

People are dumb. That dumb only gets more dumberer.

I believe it is a major mistake; the beginning of the end of Ford.

While the demand for SUV/CUV's is escalating at an unbelievable rate, there is still and always will be a demand for sedans (currently 30-40% of the market, depending how you look at it).

This article is the reality of the situation, I believe:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-might-regret-killing-cars-183225831.html

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We Americans are programmed that bigger is better. BIG fine car, BIG house, BIGGIE size. Every model has to be bigger with each new model.
As soon as I read this I thought about Ozzie Paul Kelly's 'secular gospel' song "You Can't Take It With You", as so excellently covered by Kelly Willis & company. ;)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Screw Ford. They are dead to me now. I will gladly spend all me hard earned money on a foreign car now.
Is it just me, or does it seem like there's way too many Ford owners that would go Mazda, Honda, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Nissan, Volvo, etc, etc, etc.... before considering Chevrolet? What's with that? [thumbdown]