Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford MyTouch to Sync3 With CarPlay Upgrade

the duke

Looks like everywhere is splitting all the parts to nickle and dime us. And the listings say screen, control panel. Only calling will tell you what is what and most have removed the APIM. Really want to do this mod but seems like I'll be buying and returning a ton of stuff in the hopes I get what I need.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Unmarried AIPMs and Screens can be matched via FORSCAN/changing software. It's just far easier to get a matching 2016+ set from a Fiesta ST.

Last edited:
Unmarried AIPMs and Screens can be matched via FORSCAN/changing software. It's just far easier to get a matching 2016+ set from a Fiesta ST.
I actually had found a 2019 that had it, but I was a few hours too late. Guy who pulled it came back and we talked. I was pleasant but I'll be honest, I'm pretty bummed. Had I gotten my butt in gear when the opened instead of waiting out the rain and drinking coffee, I'd have the whole thing. Back to starting at inventory hoping to see a new Fiesta at the upull lot.

the duke

Yo
I actually had found a 2019 that had it, but I was a few hours too late. Guy who pulled it came back and we talked. I was pleasant but I'll be honest, I'm pretty bummed. Had I gotten my butt in gear when the opened instead of waiting out the rain and drinking coffee, I'd have the whole thing. Back to starting at inventory hoping to see a new Fiesta at the upull lot.

Don’t despair. You can reflags for “marry” incorrect units. I’ve heard of Focus units being used with first parts.

CarPlay isn't something I knew I needed in my life.. but once I got the taste for it in another car, I've wanted to do the upgrade in my FiST. I'd check with junkyards every once in awhile to see if I can score a screen + apim with nav but today I found a non-nav combo that I couldn't pass up. $100CAD!! Now to order the rest of the pieces.

Does the donor car have to be an ST?

Also does a '14 ST have Sync 2 or MyTouch? Does that matter if I'm trying to go to Sync 3?

Does the donor car have to be an ST?

Also does a '14 ST have Sync 2 or MyTouch? Does that matter if I'm trying to go to Sync 3?
Does not matter who is the donor. The important is the size of the screen in your case should be 6.5 inches, second if you want to go to Sync 3 the donor have to have the APIM Sync 3, third if you want NAV the APIM should have 32 to 64 G for MAPS, GRACE NOTES, etc.depending of oyour zone (if is the USA or CDN 32 G should do it, EU should need 64 G), the connectors for the APIM and the screen, the GPS antenna, the USB hub. In order to have an idea check infotainment.com or https://naviupgrade.com/ or https://www.4dtech.com/ to understand what I am trying to tell you and this could help you on your quest.

Does not matter who is the donor. The important is the size of the screen in your case should be 6.5 inches, second if you want to go to Sync 3 the donor have to have the APIM Sync 3, third if you want NAV the APIM should have 32 to 64 G for MAPS, GRACE NOTES, etc.depending of oyour zone (if is the USA or CDN 32 G should do it, EU should need 64 G), the connectors for the APIM and the screen, the GPS antenna, the USB hub. In order to have an idea check infotainment.com or https://naviupgrade.com/ or https://www.4dtech.com/ to understand what I am trying to tell you and this could help you on your quest.
These sites are great for purchasing everything needed but $1500 is way more than I'd like to spend. I'm hoping to do this on a budget. I've tried emailing the pros for help but, understandably, they're not very helpful in providing the info to source my own parts. I checked all my local junk yards and the regular Fiestas are all smaller screens so it would seem that it does have to come out of an ST. I guess I'll try reading through this post again but as far as I can tell I either have to pay big bucks or take a huge gamble trying to source my own.

carpart.c0m is usually my go to for used parts but they're asking about several different possible APIM codes and I can't find any info on which one I would need. Are there any pros in this thread that can help me source a DIY kit?

These sites are great for purchasing everything needed but $1500 is way more than I'd like to spend. I'm hoping to do this on a budget. I've tried emailing the pros for help but, understandably, they're not very helpful in providing the info to source my own parts. I checked all my local junk yards and the regular Fiestas are all smaller screens so it would seem that it does have to come out of an ST. I guess I'll try reading through this post again but as far as I can tell I either have to pay big bucks or take a huge gamble trying to source my own.

carpart.c0m is usually my go to for used parts but they're asking about several different possible APIM codes and I can't find any info on which one I would need. Are there any pros in this thread that can help me source a DIY kit?
I refer you to those sites in order to see the components that you need. APIM SCREEN GPS USB hub. You can buy the APIM at a junk yards or at Aliexpress the parts you are looking for are
Eightwood SYNC 3 Ford System Upgrade Touchscreen to APIM Cable for Ford My Ford Touch or Lincoln MyLincoln Touch at Aliexpress for aprox. 12$ or you can buy it at a Ford Dealer,
APIM at Aliexpress
OEM Electronic Data board For Ford Sync3 modules car navigation audio replacement for 220 the screen is a little difficult because is 3.8inch. Also you cam buy the whole components at Aliexpress for 568 US $. and have program to your VIN number with loaded map of your region this is the link if you are interested https://www.aliexpress.com/item/325...00029109940547!sea&curPageLogUid=Reo3UmTPMo6C
I have bought parts (for my sync 3) with no regrets what so ever at a point that I bought
SYNC2 SYNC3 Power on, test platform that I can program my APIM with FORSCAN outside my car. The Sellers will keep intouch with you by email if they need more info or if you have any doubt they will answered.

I’m just some idiot who barely knows what he’s doing and didn’t want to have to do any actual work. But between a naviupgrade APIM, a 2016+ junkyard screen found on one of the usual sites, and the cables, hubs & antenna found on Amazon and eBay, I got the upgrade done in 15 minutes for under $500. Thanks for all the advice, everyone!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The upper end Fiestas like the Titanium came with the bigger screens, for future reference.

Go to cyanlabs.net at Ford huub there you wil find the difference APIM code you are lookin for

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought my whole setup to go from sync2 Doodie to sync3 for $5-600* They do come up for sale on the forum and they are direct plug and play. You just have to be quick on the draw and money in hand!

Go to cyanlabs.net at Ford huub there you wil find the difference APIM code you are lookin for
I see the list of all the different part numbers on that page but I was hoping to find a list of compatible vehicles that will work for my '14. I appreciate the help but the more I dig into this the more I'm thinking I'll just stick with my old Sync 2. Unless I can find a complete kit for sale at a reasonable price, all this technical info, APIMs, firmware updates, etc. is all way over my head. I just want CarPlay.

I just ordered a full kit from ebay for US$800. Seems like a fair enough price to just get the stuff ordered and not have to stress about it

fST

I just ordered a full kit from ebay for US$800. Seems like a fair enough price to just get the stuff ordered and not have to stress about it
The other day, I decided to just order the full kit from naviupgrade. I paid about $1000, which is including the navigation, plus I added jailbreaking and like all of the available mods on their site. I bought the last one left. It's now on backorder on their site.

For guys that have ordered the Ebay kit, do you know if it comes coded for backup camera? I didn't realize the camera function needed forscan and the units already in the mail..