Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORS owner pondering a FIST for daily use

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Yea - the RS is no fun in traffic...and the RS is a thirsty beast when not on the highway at cruising speeds. That being said - the RS is definitely fun when not in traffic. I just need something that's fun to drive but has better mpg for my daily 70 mile round trip drives to work and home.
It's a great DD, one of the most fun cars I've had. There aren't a lot of issues, small stuff like the blend door actuator. The engines are raced almost stock in Formula Ford, and one owner has reported over 174k trouble-free miles.There is a lot of aftermarket support, including a warranty-friendly tune from Mountune.
I'm curious, what kind of mileage does your RS get when it's not cruising on the highway?

SFP

Its an excellent daily driver my previous one I drove 45k in a year before being hit by a semi. The new one is heavily modded and I picked up a regular focus sedan to daily until I swap some FoST guts into it later down the road.

I wouldn't recommend the Recaro seats for a daily as mine are kinda a pain sometimes jumping in or out a lot.

Go for it. I decided to be responsible and bailed on my RS deposit. Common sense kicked in. I put 22000 miles a year on my cars, and the FiST won in the dollars per grin category for my needs. I didn't want to risk that on a high strung drive train. It's a great commuter.

Get the FIST!! You wont regret it......I wish I could of kept mine, but I dont need two cars. Maybe someday I will buy a used one, I really like the current body style too.

OP
E
Thread Starter #27
Excellent feedback! Y'all make me want to run out and pick one up now! I'm still planning on holding up for about a year or so - hopefully I can pick up a well taken care of - used one in the green or orange color (unless the 2018 version has another color option). I've been reading through the sub-forums about different mods and such - very interesting stuff, including the BTKs.