Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORS owner pondering a FIST for daily use

Hey - I'm a regular on the FORS forum. I'm considering buying a FIST next year for daily use, keeping the mileage off of the RS. Just here to learn more about the platform, what it's capable of, common faults/issues and what the aftermarket looks like.

Thanks.

Welcome aboard! The FiST would make a great daily, be warned though that the mod bug might bite you hard!
Lets be honest, it will bite hard...That being said its a fantastic DD; small, agile, good MPGs, its impossible to not be happy driving this car. Plus the fact that its quick, not straight line fast, means you can pretty much use all of the power all the time and still be going relatively legal speeds.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard, I own both cars. I'm sure you'll love the FiST as a commuter.

I've decided that the FiST would make a fun and practical daily driver. I want to buy something else in the future as a more race oriented vehicle.

Hey - I'm a regular on the FORS forum. I'm considering buying a FIST next year for daily use, keeping the mileage off of the RS. Just here to learn more about the platform, what it's capable of, common faults/issues and what the aftermarket looks like.

Thanks.
Do it!! I chose the FiST over the RS for many reasons and a big one was my short heavy traffic commute. The car is a blast to drive and you would be surprised how just a Protune really compliments the vehicle. I do a lot of around town driving and the FiST is amazing for that. I only have about 1000 miles on it and I started out with a big list of mods coming from a FoST, surprisingly the FiST is very well sorted out of the gate.

The plus side is that there is also a very big aftermarket support as well. Many options out there in terms of power adders and other mods. Things like a hybrid turbo yield very good results and will be very close to a tuned RS in terms of power to weight. The engines handle power no problem until you run out of fuel (around 320whp)and then can keep going but my research has led me to think anything beyond the 350whp mark pistons would be a wise upgrade at least.

Suspension wise my only real gripe is the chassis doesn't handle large impacts well (over damped a bit). How ever I prefer this over my underdamped FoST and the FiST is close to the RS in terms of ride feel but the RS deff has an edge on handling those bigger impacts. Good news easy fix and you don't need to spend 2K+ on dampers as many run MeaisterR's for around 1K with excellent results.

For the money it was a given, I paid 21K fully loaded -runroof (weight) with my discount and huge rebate that was going on. Things like Heel & Toe are way better stock in the FiST over FoRS. Most importantly the vehicle is just a blast to drive, you can have fun just cruising around or really put a smile on when you get on it. The good news is being so light you don't have to drive at 7/10ths to get feedback from the chassis, it's alive with light inputs and doesn't fuss when you want to push it more.

OP
E
Thread Starter #11
Welcome aboard! The FiST would make a great daily, be warned though that the mod bug might bite you hard!
I have no doubt it will - I'm already looking up best bang for the buck mods for the FIST...lol

Lets be honest, it will bite hard...That being said its a fantastic DD; small, agile, good MPGs, its impossible to not be happy driving this car. Plus the fact that its quick, not straight line fast, means you can pretty much use all of the power all the time and still be going relatively legal speeds.
Exactly what I'm looking for.

Welcome aboard, I own both cars. I'm sure you'll love the FiST as a commuter.
Sounds like I would

I've decided that the FiST would make a fun and practical daily driver. I want to buy something else in the future as a more race oriented vehicle.
What are you looking for more race oriented driving?

Do it!! I chose the FiST over the RS for many reasons and a big one was my short heavy traffic commute. The car is a blast to drive and you would be surprised how just a Protune really compliments the vehicle. I do a lot of around town driving and the FiST is amazing for that. I only have about 1000 miles on it and I started out with a big list of mods coming from a FoST, surprisingly the FiST is very well sorted out of the gate.

The plus side is that there is also a very big aftermarket support as well. Many options out there in terms of power adders and other mods. Things like a hybrid turbo yield very good results and will be very close to a tuned RS in terms of power to weight. The engines handle power no problem until you run out of fuel (around 320whp)and then can keep going but my research has led me to think anything beyond the 350whp mark pistons would be a wise upgrade at least.

Suspension wise my only real gripe is the chassis doesn't handle large impacts well (over damped a bit). How ever I prefer this over my underdamped FoST and the FiST is close to the RS in terms of ride feel but the RS deff has an edge on handling those bigger impacts. Good news easy fix and you don't need to spend 2K+ on dampers as many run MeaisterR's for around 1K with excellent results.

For the money it was a given, I paid 21K fully loaded -runroof (weight) with my discount and huge rebate that was going on. Things like Heel & Toe are way better stock in the FiST over FoRS. Most importantly the vehicle is just a blast to drive, you can have fun just cruising around or really put a smile on when you get on it. The good news is being so light you don't have to drive at 7/10ths to get feedback from the chassis, it's alive with light inputs and doesn't fuss when you want to push it more.
I can't imagine 300+ whp in a FIST...insane.

Must be nice to have that much money... lol
lol - sorry, don't mean to come off pompous...it's not like I'm driving a Cayman GT4 and looking for a Cayenne for a daily :p

IMHO, the FiST is a perfect daily (affordable / fun / good mpg / attractive / ok cargo / etc.) and has a good amount of aftermarket support. I bought this car to keep the miles off my GT500.

D3

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Welcome and do It. The fist is fun and so inexpensive to play around with that you will likely drive the rs on leisurely Sunday drives. Any day I have a stress work experience the fist puts a smile on my face before I get home. Most times I take the long way home. Many times I have played with sit or wrxs on the road and sure straight line might be an issue but corners the fist shines. Smiles per miles is very high.

I had a chance to drive a beautiful blue rs tonight at my limit. It was a blast. However it would be a waste for me in the traffic I deal with. The Fiesta helps with the slow car fast vs fast car slow feeling. The firm suspension switch on the rs makes it feel just like my Fiesta but the power and turn in is crazy fun and composed on the rs. The Fiesta is fun too but in a different frantic way

OP
E
Thread Starter #19
I had a chance to drive a beautiful blue rs tonight at my limit. It was a blast. However it would be a waste for me in the traffic I deal with. The Fiesta helps with the slow car fast vs fast car slow feeling. The firm suspension switch on the rs makes it feel just like my Fiesta but the power and turn in is crazy fun and composed on the rs. The Fiesta is fun too but in a different frantic way
Yea - the RS is no fun in traffic...and the RS is a thirsty beast when not on the highway at cruising speeds. That being said - the RS is definitely fun when not in traffic. I just need something that's fun to drive but has better mpg for my daily 70 mile round trip drives to work and home.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
After all the mods I've done, I'm quite happy with the car.

The way it handles, the way it puts power down.

It's just super fun, with just an hybrid turbo upgrade the car feels super fast for me.

I love it as a DD, can't see anyone else feeling different:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk