Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS FS/Trade: Used Injen Intake

Trader history for SirThomas88 (5)

I'm selling my Injen "Cold Air" Intake system. It's advertised as for the 2014-2015 model years. I was using it on my 2016 and then 2019 model Fiesta ST with the Whoosh adapter to make it compatible.

About the Injen "Cold Air" (Short Ram) Intake system
I really enjoyed this intake while I had it installed and am a fan of it *for what I was looking for*. On the OEM turbo, the turbo noises this thing makes are excellent and at just the right volume to be sporty without being obnoxious, unlike like Vent-to-air BOV adapters (IMO). You can hear the turbo spool, turbo flutter when letting off the gas at low boost, and the waste gate opening. This intake was perfect for me because I already had installed an upgraded intercooler, so I wasn't worried about heat issues from the open filter (especially because once your car is moving you get cold air regardless). Also, the price point for this item used was a good deal versus other options. Price point, sound, performance characteristics, and increased sporty noise all lined up. With this thing installed there was a noticeable increase in throttle response and torque.

It's the same intake shown here: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...st-intake/products/injen-short-ram-intake-kit

Why I'm Selling
The only reason I'm removing this intake (and I'm very dissapointed to do so) is because I've recently installed an X47 turbo, and although the Injen intake really gives a nice sound to the X47, the X47 also whistles like a banshee, it's super f'ing loud and high pitched whistle. So I reinstalled my OEM intake to quiet the intake as much as possible.

Condition
I bought the intake with 6,500 miles on it back in 2017 from @TheJesterRace27 and I've driven probably 25k miles on it. It comes with all hardware (as pictured). I have applied multiple layers, about 1-2 cans of black Plastidip over the intake. The original color is silver. I think it looks really good with the black Plastidip, and I think I did a pretty decent job on it. Evenly coated, no drips. I cleaned the intake of all grease and oil before spraying it, and I taped up the holes to avoid overspray into the intake. I wish I had some pictures of it installed in my car. It looks clean. The Plastidip, being rubber, should also add some heat soak protection as well! I layered it on thick so that it won't tear too easily. I didn't paint over where the connection parts, and used an "edge sealer" so that the edge of the plastidip doesn't peel off, which worked. The edge sealer is removable, solvents or something to scrape with should do the trick. There are two small spots where the plastidip coating has holes where it has torn, but both spots are not visible when the intake is installed. There is a dent where the intake had been rubbing against the fuel line that sits under it. Eventually I added a velcro loop padding to protect that spot, and then later figured out that I can adjust how its installed to prevent it from making contact. The velcro is shown in the pictures and is not visible when installed, so I recommend just leaving it there so you don't risk tearing the Plastidip (unless you prefer to remove the Plastidip). Just be gentle when installing behind the firewall so not to bang up the plastidip. Also, the filter has a spot where someone hadn't laid the hood prop down properly and friction dented the filter material (pictured).

I'm asking $115 for local pickup, Gaithersburg, MD area. That's half the new price listing on Whoosh Motorsports. I'm willing to drive part way to meet. Includes hardware pictured. I believe its everything that originally comes with the intake new.

I'm open to shipping, but would rather not. It's a pretty large object. Buyer pays shipping.

I'd be very interested in trading for another aftermarket intake with a closed box, or aftermarket induction hose and cross pipe that connects to the OEM filter box. Or if you have other parts you want to get rid of feel free to hit me up and see if its something I'm interested in.

Intake needs to be wiped clean in the photos, it's a little bit dirty.
IMG_0270.JPEG IMG_0319.JPEG IMG_0276.JPEG IMG_0271.JPEG IMG_0274.JPEG IMG_0275.JPEG IMG_0276.JPEG IMG_0278.JPEG IMG_0279.JPEG

Last edited:
OP
SirThomas88
Thread Starter #2
I'd be interested in trading for another aftermarket intake with a closed box, or aftermarket induction hose and cross pipe that connects to the OEM filter box.

OP
SirThomas88
Thread Starter #5
I hate when that happens to me. If it makes you feel any better lol, he reached out to me yesterday evening and is a lot closer. Supposed to be meeting up tonight but if it doesn't go through I'll let u know!

OP
SirThomas88
Thread Starter #9
Item has sold! Thanks for the interest peeps.

Hey, you went x47r too? Looks like there are 2 Germantown Fiestas with hybrids!
Oh whuuuuut. That's cool man when all this shit blows over and it warms up lets get some fiestas together and have a fiesta.