Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fuel cut when gas light is on?

Dwrek124

Okay my car is stage 3 2016 and every time my gas gets low to about 35 miles to E it has a fuel cut problem at different rpms in different gears. Like it hits the governor then comes back after it drops to a certain rpm? It's it like a safety feature trying to save gas? Anybody else have this problem?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I don't ever recall experiencing this and I drive pretty deep into the fuel light. Are you talking normal driving or WOT? If the latter, it's not very wise to apply that much demand with that little available fuel because if you slosh enough to expose the fuel pump you can go lean through fuel starvation.

OP
D

Dwrek124

Thread Starter #3
I don't ever recall experiencing this and I drive pretty deep into the fuel light. Are you talking normal driving or WOT? If the latter, it's not very wise to apply that much demand with that little available fuel because if you slosh enough to expose the fuel pump you can go lean through fuel starvation.
Normal driving, wide open it don't matter at a certain rpm it governs it it and it's different in every gear. Or it could be a certain load on the motor Idk I'm stumped I have to call the dealership and ask just don't want to take everything off and take it in

haste

1000 Post Club
I was just on track at VIR yesterday(very throttle heavy track) and my fuel light came on with 10 minutes left in the session. I never had a power problem. I haven't experienced an issue on the street, but I never light the fuel light come on if I can help it.