Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Leaking Fuel Injector Causes?

Last week I was cruising down the highway, and I noticed I was down on power as if the car was misfiring as well as a weird smell. I limped it to the shop and it was diagnosed as fuel injectors 2 and 3 were leaking and also to replace a bit of fuel line. It all got replaced and for the most part is running normally. Some slight stumbles on startup and there was 2 small backfires on the way home. I wasn't able to talk to the tech. Has anyone else had this issue? Or have any idea what could cause for two injectors to fail simultaneously and without warning? Should I replace the other two? Any insight would be great, thanks!

OP
forevercasual
Thread Starter #3
It is unfortunate. I think because the car was discontinued in the US, there isn't as much interest in the platform anymore. Thanks for responding.

OP
forevercasual
Thread Starter #5
I have 82k miles on it. Unfortunately, I didn't get to talk to the tech, or didn't really think to ask for the injectors.

OP
forevercasual
Thread Starter #7
yeah, I'll have to do better about that in the future. Or even better, just do it myself.