Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full coverage insurance hike after ST quote...

Yes it does go into the obd II.
I don't plan on getting one for the FiST. I have it in my truck and It really pisses me off.

To start you do thirty days and get an initial discount. Well in those thirty days I drove like 120 miles. Average 4 a day. When it snowed backing up my drive I'd get wheel slip, when traction was gained the speedo would drop and register as a hard brake. I had I think 4 of them in the thirty days. I ended up with a measly 5% out of 30% discount. And like four minutes of driving in what they consider high risk times.

It's a joke , they say 30 miles or less a day and no hard brakes or very few will yield 30%. Well since my ratio of hard brakes to miles was high, due to wheel slip while backing up in a rwd pick up, I got a crap discount.

Meanwhile people who drive the 900 miles in that same time period get better discounts. A few times since my thirty day initial time period, I'd be stopping and hit a big pot hole causing abs and it would register as a hard brake. I've yet to have to do any sort of emergency braking and I don't tail gate. I tend to drive my truck very smoothly. I still manage to get one every so many trips. Usually in a parking lot or something stupid. And yellow lights that are on the border of should I stop, well just assume your getting one if you decide to stop. Makes you want to roll stop signs and gas it through the yellow. Definitely not helping me drive any safer.

I can't imagine having it in the FiST, you have to brake so gently. I've also read of hard brakes being registered during shifts.

And it draws a tiny bit of power so after sitting a while it's killed my battery combined with short trips. Never had that problem before i put it in and it's a fairly new battery and new alternator.

My potential discount could be as much as 150$ every six months, making my premium go from 500 down to 350. It's an inviting offer to put up with this thing for 6 months, at that point the discount stays.

Was curious if anyone had anything positive to say about it. Or got a decent discount.
Part of me thinks it's a scam and will be used against us with the data collected later on.

I knew there was an advantage to being the middle aged bald guy buying a FiST! Geico full coverage $67 a month.....

I knew there was an advantage to being the middle aged bald guy buying a FiST! Geico full coverage $67 a month.....
Wait, you get a discount for being bald? Im far from middle aged, but the baldness is coming in a hurry. Guess its time for a big discount for papa bear!

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I have learned to shop around for insurance on a yearly basis. Some insurance companies ask if you have been with your current one for XXX amount of time, i just tell them whatever they wanna hear.

I decided all this when i got my mustang last year, my insurance was like 900 every six months (for 3 vehicles), I decided that was retarded and found one for 450 for every 6 months for the same vehicles for the same coverage. ************* insurance companies!!!

Right now I pay more for my Fiesta than I do for my 11 mustang which is BS but whatever lol. I still called around this year to make sure i was getting the best price
My insurance went up too when we got the Fiesta ST. I still can't understand how a 2011 Mazdaspeed3 would be cheaper, but it is.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
My insurance dropped like $300 haha
Went from an 05 CTSV to this. Also the whole turning 25 thing probably helped as well lol

My insurance dropped like $300 haha
Went from an 05 CTSV to this. Also the whole turning 25 thing probably helped as well lol
The turning 25 thing is huge in the insurance world. I feel you on the CTS-V, I had an 06 GTO with the LS2 and that car cost $340 a freaking year in insurance. It does indeed pay to be old (i'm 57) with no points![giggle] Looked at the first run of the VSpec and it was essentially my GTO in a 4 door...

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
The turning 25 thing is huge in the insurance world. I feel you on the CTS-V, I had an 06 GTO with the LS2 and that car cost $340 a freaking year in insurance. It does indeed pay to be old (i'm 57) with no points![giggle] Looked at the first run of the VSpec and it was essentially my GTO in a 4 door...
Whew, I think my V was like $800 every 6 months. Just ridiculous.
I think I'd take the gto over the v, the transmission in that thing was garbage. I know it was a t56, but that remote location shifter or whatever its called, just terrible.

The new V's on the other hand. Now that's a sexy car!

pwnall1337

Vendor
should check out gieco. I'm 22 and pay $210/month for my z06. I paid $176/month on my fiesta st when I was 21 and at age 20 I paid $230/month on my 2013 corvette. Geico is definitely very generous with quote offers and I highly recommend them.

I got a quote earlier, $108/mo jump with my truck, not too shabby. I'll get the truck tagged for farm use only and get it even lower.

KKaWing

my ins. for the year is 840 ish. and thats with a 5 year car replacement coverage.
Wooowww... Toronto sucks so hard for insurance. I was quoted around 2k (CAD) a year and that's with a group plan... 2 Mil liability though with the scammers and ambulance chasers that you get in a big city. 0 deductible grandfathered in and 5 year new car replacement as well. Still though, under 1k a year and being so close to calabogie and tremblant must be nice.