Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fun to drive 'grown-up' car?

^^GM put/offered TR6060s in those, or was it just for one year, before they dumped the model?
Not positive to be honest, quick google search shows that manuals are available in MYs 2015 and 2017, but I haven’t seen a 2016 with one so idk if they got discontinued and then brought back or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I am almost 65, and I don't give a flying eff what ANYONE thinks when they see me getting out of a small, loud, hot hatch! [wink] [driving]

In fact, I wear it as a 'badge of honor' of sorts. [:)]

Let THEM drive their abjectly boring Camrys/Avalons (I don't care HOW 'quick' they are 0-60, or how much TOY tries to tout/market/promote them as 'exciting' with all sorts of packages, they are still appliances to me!) if they so desire or 'must', or because that is "what they are supposed to drive" at my age.
https://www.r6-forum.com/threads/high-mileage.122178/post-5751898
Just wanted you to know, y'all are my goal. Stay you, stay healthy. :cool:

Mikey456

Have you considered Mini Countryman JCW? Their design actually looks better than the standard cooper in my opinion. Especially when lowered.

Alfa Guilia Quad all day long!

Audi RS3 if you plan to modify.
BMW M2 if you don’t

Other notable options:
C43amg, atsV, cayman, G70 3.3T, golfR/S3 and M235i.

wetwea33

Alfa Guilia Quad all day long!

Audi RS3 if you plan to modify.
BMW M2 if you don’t

Other notable options:
C43amg, atsV, cayman, G70 3.3T, golfR/S3 and M235i.

Pretty much past any used 'performance' trim luxury car. A lot of tempting $60k used cars still have the maintenance costs of a $100k vehicle.

This golf r is the first vehicle I'd consider replacing the FiST with.

I'll look more into Lexus, just seemed expensive and kind of boring to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The guilias don't have good track records with reliability which makes sense, it's an alpha lol. The rs3 and m2 will be much more expensive cars in general. The golf r with a dsg is an awesome choice. Is38 hybrid, mpi, and a good 93 tune and you can make ~450whp and still keep it quite and reliable. The interiors are awesome and the dcc keeps the ride compliant. My buddy is looking at a great gti deal an autobahn trim with dcc, performance, and lighting packages.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My other cars are a Lexus IS-F (my daily before the Fiesta came in) and a Tacoma. The IS-F has been very reliable, and everyone thinks its a regular IS. Ive had mine since 2010 and no big problems, and people at work don't even notice it.

Taurus SHO or Fusion Sport 2.7EB?

Both relatively plain but fun from a stop.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
SHO fo - I won't say it lol but I've always wanted that car. At the end of its run, there were "leftovers" for such great deals, but by then I had just bought the Fiesta

SHO fo - I won't say it lol but I've always wanted that car. At the end of its run, there were "leftovers" for such great deals, but by then I had just bought the Fiesta
There’ll be plenty of em. Especially once police interceptors start finding their way into the used market en masse.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #113
Update:

Both Ford and Volkswagen dealers told me that new inventory won't be coming in for the foreseeable future. Doubtful they want their lots full of discounted new vehicles. I'm imagining a lot full of golf Rs or f150 fx4s.

Unless something really tempting comes up, I think I'll wait.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #114
Ugh it really is the apocalypse. Both Ford and Volkswagen dealerships I was in communication with closed their sales departments yesterday. Toyota and Honda are about to close theirs and Hyundai/Genesis can't seem to answer my questions or schedule a test drive. Dealing with Hyundai/Genesis has been a major PTA. They often can't answer questions about which vehicles are available and never call/email back.

Seems that Auto sales are deemed non essential and I'm sure sales weren't great at the moment anyways. Big inconvenience for me (1st world problems). I hope the salespeople and everyone out of work can get back at it as quickly and safely as possible.

Pretty much narrowed it down to a fully loaded 4x4 ranger, 4x4 f150 or a dsg/DCC equipped golf R. Lots of other great cars available but I feel more comfortable in the $30-$45k range for something new with a warranty. VW seems to be trying to make deals on GTIs and Rs.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Can I ask why you would pick the ranger when it's the worst rated product in its class. Especially the Fx4 they say the suspension is garbage.
I have never been a big Chevy guy but the Colorado is by far the best in that size of truck.

I hope you get a VW out of that list.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #116
Can I ask why you would pick the ranger when it's the worst rated product in its class. Especially the Fx4 they say the suspension is garbage.
I have never been a big Chevy guy but the Colorado is by far the best in that size of truck.

I hope you get a VW out of that list.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Honestly I wouldn't consider the ranger except the price. I can get a fully loaded one under $30k. planned on a mild lift if I go that route.

I like the Colorado's but currently they are as expensive as the f150s I'm looking at.

The golf r is top of my list. With current 0% incentives and dealers going below MSRP it's hard to pass up. The only heartbreak is that I'd not want 2 hatches at the same time so the golf r would mean the FiST goes [emoji22]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How much is any long-term, FULL COVERAGE, EXTENDED warranty on the Vdub, or could you get them to 'throw that in' to sweeten, or even close the deal?? LOL

Ugh it really is the apocalypse. Both Ford and Volkswagen dealerships I was in communication with closed their sales departments yesterday. Toyota and Honda are about to close theirs and Hyundai/Genesis can't seem to answer my questions or schedule a test drive. Dealing with Hyundai/Genesis has been a major PTA. They often can't answer questions about which vehicles are available and never call/email back.

Seems that Auto sales are deemed non essential and I'm sure sales weren't great at the moment anyways. Big inconvenience for me (1st world problems). I hope the salespeople and everyone out of work can get back at it as quickly and safely as possible.

Pretty much narrowed it down to a fully loaded 4x4 ranger, 4x4 f150 or a dsg/DCC equipped golf R. Lots of other great cars available but I feel more comfortable in the $30-$45k range for something new with a warranty. VW seems to be trying to make deals on GTIs and Rs.

Get a loaded R and smile away.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #120
How much is any long-term, FULL COVERAGE, EXTENDED warranty on the Vdub, or could you get them to 'throw that in' to sweeten, or even close the deal?? LOL
warranty is still 72,000 miles on the new 2019 R. It's only 5 years ~50,000 miles on the 2020 GTIs and other 2020 models.

Unfortunately the sales departments are closed so negotiating isn't an option. I'll just be patient.

Enjoying the FiST for now since any meetings for work have been cancelled anyways.