Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gas in engine oil

Hello all!! I have done some work on the car lately. Replaced timing belt and pulleys and such. Then I replaced the valve cover and decided to install brand new stock injectors since I was in there. I changed my oil yesterday and noticed gas in the motor oil. Oil was pretty thin. Also I could smell gas from the hose that crosses over cylinder 4 into the crossover pipe. I disconnected it to pull the ignition coils out to see if I could see gas leaking from the fuel rail/injectors onto the top of the motor. It’s dry. So im trying to figure out how that would happen. I would think leaking injector, but it doesn’t make sense since they are brand new. No codes, no rough idle, maybe slight decrease in gas mileage. Only other thing I’ve noticed is timing being pulled. Not a lot. But it didn’t do that before I changed injectors. Thought maybe I made a mistake possibly with timing belt because of timing being pulled, but why the gas in the oil. I’m not a pro, just a DIY guy and try to follow the service manual as close as possible. Any ideas? Thanks guys!!!

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is common with DI injection engines to a certain Extent. I f you are that worried send in a oil sample to Blackstone laboratories to get an idea of how much is in there along with any other metals etc.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I really noticed the smell of gas in the oil in both my Focus (DI non turbo) and the FiST. As opposed to my previous and current daily 07 subaru impreza and a 16 honda crz which were/are both port injected and don't have such a strong gas smell.

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
This is common with DI injection engines to a certain Extent. I f you are that worried send in a oil sample to Blackstone laboratories to get an idea of how much is in there along with any other metals etc.
I’m probably just being paranoid. But thanks for the tip! Probably going to do that just for the peace of mind.

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
I really noticed the smell of gas in the oil in both my Focus (DI non turbo) and the FiST. As opposed to my previous and current daily 07 subaru impreza and a 16 honda crz which were/are both port injected and don't have such a strong gas smell.
Good to know! Glad to know that it is normal to a degree like you and typhoon said!