Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GAS PRICES!

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #21
i think i nailed the timing. Not sure if gas prices will persist like this for months ahead but,
im finally taking class to get my M license this week and getting a bike within the next 2 months.
So gotta hang in there for the time being and once that happens, the bean will only be driven like twice a week.
Nice, just gotta make it through a couple months and you'll be golden!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
i think i nailed the timing. Not sure if gas prices will persist like this for months ahead but,
im finally taking class to get my M license this week and getting a bike within the next 2 months.
So gotta hang in there for the time being and once that happens, the bean will only be driven like twice a week.
"To save money" is not a good single-reason to get a motorcycle, just so you know. If that's the mindset, you should look at a scooter, or something like the Honda Navi or something else with cheap consumables and zero/low/cheap maintenance. A bike with a belt or shaft drive. Once you move up to a real motorcycle, gas is cheaper, but other running costs add up (tires more often than cars, chains, protective gear), especially if you can't do the maintenance yourself. Not trying to talk you out of it, but I've seen too many people head down that road. They get their bike license, buy a new bike, ruin the value by dropping it at a stoplight (those dark shiny spots are oil, don't put your foot in them! and the painted crosswalk lines are incredibly slippery when wet!) then stop riding because SoCal is not nearly as safe to ride in as it used to be. I can't ride anymore for medical reasons, but I used to go 6 months or so without ever using one of my cars, since I had a stable of 11 different bikes to ride... and even before my medical issues, I was riding less and less as drivers became more and more inattentive.

"To save money" is not a good single-reason to get a motorcycle, just so you know. If that's the mindset, you should look at a scooter, or something like the Honda Navi or something else with cheap consumables and zero/low/cheap maintenance. A bike with a belt or shaft drive. Once you move up to a real motorcycle, gas is cheaper, but other running costs add up (tires more often than cars, chains, protective gear), especially if you can't do the maintenance yourself. Not trying to talk you out of it, but I've seen too many people head down that road. They get their bike license, buy a new bike, ruin the value by dropping it at a stoplight (those dark shiny spots are oil, don't put your foot in them! and the painted crosswalk lines are incredibly slippery when wet!) then stop riding because SoCal is not nearly as safe to ride in as it used to be. I can't ride anymore for medical reasons, but I used to go 6 months or so without ever using one of my cars, since I had a stable of 11 different bikes to ride... and even before my medical issues, I was riding less and less as drivers became more and more inattentive.
OH NO DEFINITELY not the only reason i want a bike; i was trying to stay on topic so i mentioned saving gas.
ive been wanting to ride for the past 10yrs already and opportunity never presented itself. It will make commuting super easy for me too. But i get you, and I am fully prepared for it.

Back in my toddler days; my cousin and i grew up on cars and worked on his S2K, then he got a bike and started taking me to willows during the weekends when he would do some moto sessions and it always inspired me to ride.
Thanks to him, my love for the road/motorsports grew, and I want to experience anything that has wheels anywhere that has roads.

back to topic: gas prices :poop:

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #26
Just checked gas prices online at the same gas station I filled up at yesterday and BOOM!

Up 0.21 cents overnight!

So glad I left work midday to gas up because I knew this would happen today!

IMG_0533.jpg

this was taken today around the block from my job in the city of Carson, CA [mad]

View attachment 47380
That's very close to the price I had to pay this morning to fill up in San Diego! :mad:

I'll keep filling up, but will be complaining every time and I'll let the ST bring the smile back to my face afterwards.

I got a Genuine Stella 150 4t in grad school - 100 mpg, 4 speed manual, and the body of a 70s Vespa that they bought the stamps and trademark for.

Time to get that out!