Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gauge Cluster noise, creaking

Anyone have a procedure and/or illustration of how the stock guage cluster comes out?

My car has had an annoying creak/squeak that is definitely coming from the guage cluster. I could just jam something under it, but wanted to remove and see if there is possibly a more permanent, though out repair to be made.

Thanks.

What I did is basically spray some lubricant (I use silicone as it isn't oil based and doesn't have a smell) into any gaps between plastic where I feel there is sound coming out of. I had issues with the gauge cluster as well as the drivers foot well panels (left one by the door especially). Huge improvement.

Silicone won't gum up like an oil based (WD-40) lube over time and as mentioned, has no smell. Hopefully this is helpful. I would stay away from removing if you can, you may risk further damage or squeaking.

OP
konatodd
Thread Starter #3
Thought about doing that, but I wasn't so sure if it'd eventually make it's way to any electrical connections.

Yeah, that is a concern. Really though, the sound is plastic rubbing plastic, as long as you only lubricate around the seams of the cluster or any other "rub points" in the interior of the car you should be fine.

I have the same issue along with my Recaros creaking. I'm gonna have to pick some silicone spray up!