Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gfb dv+ vta help please !

Stkid93

Premium Account
Can anyone explain to me how the plunger piece works. I bought a used kit and I’m going crazy. In all the installation videos and pictures the plunger is black. In the used kit the plunger I got was gold. I emailed the owner of the company that sold the kit when it was new and he said the plunger is supposed to be gold. But when I watch the installation videos the black plunger snaps into the gfb dv+ unit itself allowing it to connect to the stock electronic valve operator. Then the combined pieces are installed onto the car. The gold piece does not fit into the gfb unit and doesn’t snap. I’ve been told the piece is supposed to be gold and should work but it doesn’t and I feel stupid.

You take off the original adapter plate off the OEM diverter valve. The snap in black adapter piece should line up with the stock unit. Then you put in the spring and the gold plunger.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Shit sorry should have posted pictures it’s not that gold plunger. The one I’m taking about replaces the little black nipple looking piece. Picture attached. As you can see it does fit into the whole and looks like it could snap in, but it doesn’t. I found a Germany company that sells a replacement black plunger for $7 that I ordered so that should fix the issue

Attachments

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Shit sorry should have posted pictures it’s not that gold plunger. The one I’m taking about replaces the little black nipple looking piece. Picture attached. As you can see it does fit into the whole and looks like it could snap in, but it doesn’t. I found a Germany company that sells a replacement black plunger for $7 that I ordered so that should fix the issue
Be super careful, knockoff GFB DV+ are not uncommon and they do not meet the same tolerances as a real one.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
All good man. I didn't think GFB would have knockoffs out there but I learned something new today.