Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gfb dv+ vta help

Stkid93

Premium Account
Guys I’m really confused and could really use some help. I bought a gfb dv+ vta used here on the forums. And I can’t tell if im just an idiot or something is missing. I have attached a picture of all the pieces i received in the used kit. The gold piece is whats confusing the hell out of me. in all the installation videos i have watched, that piece is supposed to be black.

i am linking one of the videos below. if you skip to 12:12 in this video, you will notice he opens a baggie that appears to have came with the GFB kit, and he pulls out the new GFB supplied spring, and a black plunger. ( as i mentioned above the piece i have is gold and looks different) now i dont really care about the color, but you will also notice that the GFB supplied spring is supposed to go into that black plunger on one end, the the nipple end of the black piece is supposed to snap right into the GFB part itself. the gold piece i have does not fit the spring, or snap into the part.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go6hpRoSm0I&t=748s

On the whoosh website there is a picture of all the pieces and the piece in that picture is black (i have attached that picture from whoosh site below as well with an arrow pointing to the black piece and the picture clearly shows the spring does in 1 end and the nipple end goes into the GFB part itself ), so i emailed ron at whoosh, because the original part was ordered from whoosh when it was new. and ron said " the black piece in the picture on his website is just a reference, and that plunger piece has always been gold just like the one you have" and have looked up GFB kits online and the gold piece does appear to be in some of the kits, so i feel like this should work and i cant tell if im dumb or i legit do have the wrong part. but the gold piece just doesnt work. like i said the spring wont fit and it wont snap in.

can anyone help?

Attachments

Guys I’m really confused and could really use some help. I bought a gfb dv+ vta used here on the forums. And I can’t tell if im just an idiot or something is missing. I have attached a picture of all the pieces i received in the used kit. The gold piece is whats confusing the hell out of me. in all the installation videos i have watched, that piece is supposed to be black.

i am linking one of the videos below. if you skip to 12:12 in this video, you will notice he opens a baggie that appears to have came with the GFB kit, and he pulls out the new GFB supplied spring, and a black plunger. ( as i mentioned above the piece i have is gold and looks different) now i dont really care about the color, but you will also notice that the GFB supplied spring is supposed to go into that black plunger on one end, the the nipple end of the black piece is supposed to snap right into the GFB part itself. the gold piece i have does not fit the spring, or snap into the part.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go6hpRoSm0I&t=748s

On the whoosh website there is a picture of all the pieces and the piece in that picture is black (i have attached that picture from whoosh site below as well with an arrow pointing to the black piece and the picture clearly shows the spring does in 1 end and the nipple end goes into the GFB part itself ), so i emailed ron at whoosh, because the original part was ordered from whoosh when it was new. and ron said " the black piece in the picture on his website is just a reference, and that plunger piece has always been gold just like the one you have" and have looked up GFB kits online and the gold piece does appear to be in some of the kits, so i feel like this should work and i cant tell if im dumb or i legit do have the wrong part. but the gold piece just doesnt work. like i said the spring wont fit and it wont snap in.

can anyone help?
I’m trying to remember from my own install but I believe the gold piece is an upgrade from the plastic piece, meaning it’s a direct replacement. I’m not sure what the reason is for the spring not working. Ron will get back to you as soon as he sees the email. He provides the best customer service I’ve ever had. I’m sorry I couldn’t be more help. It’s been over 2 years since I installed mine. Keep us posted.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
yea he told me it was meant to be gold but I just don't understand how its supposed to work. it doesn't fit at all