Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Glendale, Los Feliz, Hollywood, Studio City, Echo Park, Burbank, Eaglerock

cool that Focus looks a little ricey with the Shelby on it. hahahhaha

Ya maybe sometime late spring we can do something. Hopefully by then we will have a fair amount of people vaccinated and be out of this crazy surge. Stay Safe guys.
The dude bought the ST new, sent it to Shelby...$23K later it came back with all new suspension, turbo, tune, etc., and 403hp. 1 of 11 Shelby has done. His is #7, if I remember correctly. He was so NOT the guy I would have pictured getting out of a Shelby Focus ST.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The dude bought the ST new, sent it to Shelby...$23K later it came back with all new suspension, turbo, tune, etc., and 403hp. 1 of 11 Shelby has done. His is #7, if I remember correctly. He was so NOT the guy I would have pictured getting out of a Shelby Focus ST.
wow guess I put my foot in my mouth:ROFLMAO:

wow guess I put my foot in my mouth:ROFLMAO:
I didn't even know Shelby would do that with anything other than a Mustang/Cobra. The guy seemed to be perturbed that I would even question it. But I explained my ignorance of what Shelby would do/not do, and he seemed to want to talk to me more about it.

Hmmmmm....Shelby Fiesta ST....

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I didn't even know Shelby would do that with anything other than a Mustang/Cobra. The guy seemed to be perturbed that I would even question it. But I explained my ignorance of what Shelby would do/not do, and he seemed to want to talk to me more about it.

Hmmmmm....Shelby Fiesta ST....
ya I feel its kinda wierd. Of course if Carroll Shelby was alive and approached to do a FiST he might have. Yet at the same time I feel like it dumbs down all of what Shelby was about which was Mustang’s , Shelby Cobra’s and of course the Ford GT40. I do kinda feel like that Focus should not have been done.
I personally would not want a Shelby‘ized FiST as it would get a lot of derision right out of the gate much like I bet that Focus does.
Its one thing to have a factory manufacture authorized custom builder mod. Much like the Shelby GLH was even though that appeared silly too. Hence why if I had bought a pre 2016 FiST a Mountune MP215 setup would have been seriously considered as it was Ford Sanctioned.
Somehow Shelby and FWD just don’t seem to mix in my eyes though.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
ya I feel its kinda wierd. Of course if Carroll Shelby was alive and approached to do a FiST he might have. Yet at the same time I feel like it dumbs down all of what Shelby was about which was Mustang’s , Shelby Cobra’s and of course the Ford GT40. I do kinda feel like that Focus should not have been done.
I personally would not want a Shelby‘ized FiST as it would get a lot of derision right out of the gate much like I bet that Focus does.
Its one thing to have a factory manufacture authorized custom builder mod. Much like the Shelby GLH was even though that appeared silly too. Hence why if I had bought a pre 2016 FiST a Mountune MP215 setup would have been seriously considered as it was Ford Sanctioned.
Do you not remember when Shelby worked for Chrysler? He'd slap his name on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Do you not remember when Shelby worked for Chrysler? He'd slap his name on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes it‘s why I mentioned the GLH as long they paid he would do it I know.:cry: It still did not ring true:LOL:
I guess in his later years he gave up caring after Ford pretty much damn near shafted his ass on the GT40.
Really Ford played bad pool as much as they felt Ferrari did. Ford did not understand Ferrari and they guys in the upper echelon of Ford did not know what the word honor meant even if it slapped them in the face. :ROFLMAO:

I also think he might have done it as F’ you to Ford for their past shenanigans with him.
It was kinda like oh Ford you gonna post my name even on Mustang II’s calling them Mustang Cobra II’s lol . I will join Lee over at Chrysler and put my name on the products he is selling. After all he was the father of the Mustang.
Ya Ford has fucked up many times in modern car history. They have a habit of making their point then taking their toys and going home. Not to be seen again till one more time they dangle it everyones face and go see we can still do it.
Fucked up way to run a car company if you ask me.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yep Ford definitely did the man wrong they owe him so so much.

I recently just finished an article in Road and track about deciding what is the best car ever made. Well it was unanimous wasn't even close in their words the best car ever made is a 1965 Shelby 289 cobra.

This would be the November/December magazine for 2020 please give it a read.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I think Shelby might have re-engineered the FiST to be AWD, considering how much HP was going to go into it. My cousin is running about 300HP and it SQUIRRELLY, even in a straight line.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I think Shelby might have re-engineered the FiST to be AWD, considering how much HP was going to go into it. My cousin is running about 300HP and it SQUIRRELLY, even in a straight line.

Well installed a S280 since you last saw me and my car rips I am pushing around 275hp on pump gas. Whats he running for tires? I am running Federal RS Pro’s and the car hooks. :LOL:

Last edited:
I personally don't see value in the current Shelby branding. Mountune with the MP215 was the modern rendition of a factory tuner car. And MP215 was mild compared to what's available, and what the awesome tuners (like tune+) are able to do for our cars.

My car was a MP215, on day15 with less than 1k on the odo. Morphed to something more after day46. That was 5.5 years ago.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I personally don't see value in the current Shelby branding. Mountune with the MP215 was the modern rendition of a factory tuner car. And MP215 was mild compared to what's available, and what the awesome tuners (like tune+) are able to do for our cars.

My car was a MP215, on day15 with less than 1k on the odo. Morphed to something more after day46. That was 5.5 years ago.
Same here, but I waited 3 years.

CARB certified, Ford certified, and the best stage 1 tune, hands down.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok guys it looks like we could probably do something soon. I have a feeling Koozy is too busy with work and has different priorities at this time.
So we will be moving forward without him. So if you are down for a meet lets discuss probably do a meet great and hang to start things off. I know we have some new and some old.

About time for meet&coffee. Just throwing out location possibilities: old LosFilez Lot, Burbank Empire Center, LaCanada Panara Lot...