Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Glendale, Los Feliz, Hollywood, Studio City, Echo Park, Burbank, Eaglerock

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My old MR230 tune upped the boost to around 24psi at 3000rpm, but tune/stock turbo couldn't keep boost up past 4500 rpm. But what little additional boost was great fun though.

Still running the stock radiator, but with 60/40 water/coolant mix, and foam-rubber weatherstrip sealed factory inlet deflector ducting around radiator. (I Do have a mountune radiator ready, just in case.) Setup works, for early canyon drives. Have to keep a close eye on the AP coolant temp (borderline OCD careful) and try not drive car hard for too long over 90F temps (windows down, AC off, [hihi][poke]).

If the car was used as a DD, then yes, the mountune radiator would go in, and damn the additional weight of the aluminum radiator, weight of more coolant/water and the parasitic losses pumping coolant through a triple-pass radiator core. [facepalm] [biggrin]
Ya but Mikey should not listen to you because he dailies his you went out of your way to maximize the stock radiator. :LOL: Plus your nuts about saving weight:ROFLMAO::devilish::p

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Have tried the hills above Malibu.? Our cars run cooler near the sea (the valleys are pretty hot right now) The roads of Decker, Encinal canyon, Latigo canyon are excellent. And if you are a risk taker Mulholland of course. Enjoy the drive [emoji106]
Have you noticed the amount of porkies on those roads? :LOL::poop:

Mikey456

It seems the common thread here is folks overheating with the A/C on or during track usage. I also have the weakest tune around so I should be alright. You will be the first to know if I overheat [emoji28]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I always kept my AC on during spirited, high speed, or track driving.
With the AC on, it forces the cooling fans to run constantly.
In addition to that, at WOT the PCM shuts down the AC so as to provide max available power.
There is however, one other side effect and that is it kept me cool.
Although I had an OEM turbo and radiator, I did have a very radical tune and never had an overheating issue.

I found that the hood vents I had worked the best in keeping engine temps down due to better air flow.

Just my 2¢ worth.
ive been giving hood vents some thought lately, i see there are a couple, which did you have?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It seems the common thread here is folks overheating with the A/C on or during track usage. I also have the weakest tune around so I should be alright. You will be the first to know if I overheat [emoji28]
Whether you want to gamble here in SoCal is up to you man. I choose the preventive maintenance side of things for just under $400 I do not even have to watch my temps or anything.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Im still interested. I might be good for the 10/30 drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sound off!!...if anyone else is interested in a Saturday 10/30/21 cruise up Angeles Crest Hwy (SR2) from LaCanada to breakfast at Grizzly Cafe in Wrightwood!

Yes, I know, 91-octane is $5 a gallon...so stay out of boost! [histerical][mecry] Or NOT!
[driving][burnout]

ronmcdon

really wish I could join but have to travel that weekend to Sonoma. Hopefully there will be something going on in Nov or Dec