Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Glove box net?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm aware that early models had a nice little net to hold the owner's manual (along with a pen holder and an illuminated glove box), but they scrapped that stuff for the '17s. I really would like to find one of those nets, but the interwebs don't seem to know what I'm talking about.

Is there a part number for it? I can't seem to find a diagram with it listed.

OP
XR650R

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
It's got the slots for it. They didn't change the plastic. They just saved a few pennies by not putting the stuff in there.

Guess I'll just call around to some junkyards.

OP
XR650R

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
Sorry to waste everyone's time like that. First junkyard, first car, I found the strap and the little pen holder.

I paid 'em 2 bucks. I could have easily walked out with the stuff in my pocket and not paid 'em at all, but homey don't roll like that. The manual is where I want it now, with plenty of room left over for my drugs and explosives.
1588882406263.png

Last edited:
Yeah. The cars weren't selling well, so save a buck by taking away useful features.

Ford NA logic.
RIGHT! I love my car but you KNOW that they took away features (like the ambient lighting over the glovebox ) but they DIDN'T lower the price!!!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
It's satisfying when you find what you want. I have a '16 so those parts came with it from the factory, and they're just little things but I find them surprisingly useful.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I hope i have the same luck when it comes to my junkyard trip this weekend

It's satisfying when you find what you want. I have a '16 so those parts came with it from the factory, and they're just little things but I find them surprisingly useful.
Agreed...some things maybe have 0 purpose, but when you see someone else with them. Your like "what the hell, that's kind of cool, now I want it too". Therein lies the beauty of this forum....other people thought the same thing, found solutions and are cool enough to share them with rest of us!!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Yeah. The cars weren't selling well, so save a buck by taking away useful features.

Ford NA logic.
I agree, when I think about it it's just nuts that Ford took the trouble to take those parts out of the car. They probably saved about the same amount you spent at the junkyard to get them, $2.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Sorry to waste everyone's time like that. First junkyard, first car, I found the strap and the little pen holder.

I paid 'em 2 bucks. I could have easily walked out with the stuff in my pocket and not paid 'em at all, but homey don't roll like that. The manual is where I want it now, with plenty of room left over for my drugs and explosives.
View attachment 30426
I just looked at your picture again, and it triggered something in the OCD part of my brain, which unfortunately is most of it, and I had the awful realization that I may have forgotten to put my Ford Performance pouch with the manuals in it back into the strap after using it one time. This of course caused me to immediately have to go out to the car to check. My suspicions were confirmed, I had carelessly put the pouch back into the regular part of the glove box, and WAS NOT USING THE STRAP. I plead guilty, and vow never to do this again, and the pouch is now happily located back in its proper place secured by the strap.

OP
XR650R

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #16
lol

When I got my car I thought that somebody had stolen them from it. I also noticed that the LED ambient lighting was missing from the passenger side. I had to do some research and found the sad truth. To partially cure my disappointment, I "stole" them from my 2011 Fiesta!

I once had a 2011 Fiesta SES (a commuter car which I dumped because of the awful DCT) that had the Courtesy Wipe feature, Glove Box Light, Penholder, Manual Strap and the Dashboard Ambient Light. Miss them all on my '19 FiST but would rather have the Backup Camera, Sync3, Android Auto & Center Armrest, none of which my '11 had.