Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Good price?

Hey y'all,

I'm new here and I'm currently looking into purchasing A nifty black Fiesta ST. It's a 2018, used, with 24k miles on it. Here's the kicker, I'm buying from carmax, with the price being $17,000 However, I have an employee discount which brings it to around $15,500, also going to be trading in my current car which should drop the price by another 1-2k depending on the value they appraise it for.

(Here's the link to the car so y'all can peep it out)
https://www.carmax.com/car/19953173

I'm excited to be getting into a Fiesta, and even more excited to really get into cars! Just wanting to make sure the price isn't ridiculously high for what I'm getting.

Welcome!
$15.5k is a pretty normal price for a single owner 24k mile example, not a ripoff and not a steal.
2018 & '19s have backup cameras which is a nice plus. The only option that really ups value on these are the Recaro seats which this does not have.

OP
Sinful Thorn
Thread Starter #5
welcome, looks decent price seems reasonable considering but you might want to keep options open if there are other cars around.
Definitely keeping an open mind! Where I am there aren't too many other Fiesta ST's for sale. I found a '16 with Recaros for 12k but it was clocked in at 84k miles, plus the dealership didn't want to give me a good trade in value on my current car, so I walked. Looking for a ST with lower mileage so I can reason tracking it on the weekends while still daily driving it, lol.

XR650R

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's been noted in other threads that FiSTs seem to be holding their value in the used market, recently. They pop up and sell pretty fast on Carmax, etc. I think that says a lot about how fun these cars are for the price. It's why I bought mine.
Keep your eye out, and be ready to pounce when you find one you like. Seems now that they're no longer being made, people are starting to discover them. The one you're looking at seems like a decent deal.

apex1

Premium Account
Keep in mind that the Recaros are a love em or hate em thing. I bought my car new in 2017 and could have had anything I wanted. Choices were plentiful. I chose no Recaros, no nav (my iPhone and CarPlay work great) and no moonroof, and have never regretted my choices. I think the deal you are being offered sounds good.

XR650R

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Keep in mind that the Recaros are a love em or hate em thing. I bought my car new in 2017 and could have had anything I wanted. Choices were plentiful. I chose no Recaros, no nav (my iPhone and CarPlay work great) and no moonroof, and have never regretted my choices. I think the deal you are being offered sounds good.
Same here. The one I test drove had Recaros. I wasn't planning to autocross it, so they seemed too "committed" for my very casual use.

By the same token, if you end up with Recaros and don't like them, there are plenty of people here who want them and would trade you for the base seats plus a little $$.

Ford Community Posts