Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Good price?

Hey y'all,

I'm new here and I'm currently looking into purchasing A nifty black Fiesta ST. It's a 2018, used, with 24k miles on it. Here's the kicker, I'm buying from carmax, with the price being $17,000 However, I have an employee discount which brings it to around $15,500, also going to be trading in my current car which should drop the price by another 1-2k depending on the value they appraise it for.

(Here's the link to the car so y'all can peep it out)
https://www.carmax.com/car/19953173

I'm excited to be getting into a Fiesta, and even more excited to really get into cars! Just wanting to make sure the price isn't ridiculously high for what I'm getting.

Welcome!
$15.5k is a pretty normal price for a single owner 24k mile example, not a ripoff and not a steal.
2018 & '19s have backup cameras which is a nice plus. The only option that really ups value on these are the Recaro seats which this does not have.

OP
Sinful Thorn
Thread Starter #5
welcome, looks decent price seems reasonable considering but you might want to keep options open if there are other cars around.
Definitely keeping an open mind! Where I am there aren't too many other Fiesta ST's for sale. I found a '16 with Recaros for 12k but it was clocked in at 84k miles, plus the dealership didn't want to give me a good trade in value on my current car, so I walked. Looking for a ST with lower mileage so I can reason tracking it on the weekends while still daily driving it, lol.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's been noted in other threads that FiSTs seem to be holding their value in the used market, recently. They pop up and sell pretty fast on Carmax, etc. I think that says a lot about how fun these cars are for the price. It's why I bought mine.
Keep your eye out, and be ready to pounce when you find one you like. Seems now that they're no longer being made, people are starting to discover them. The one you're looking at seems like a decent deal.

Keep in mind that the Recaros are a love em or hate em thing. I bought my car new in 2017 and could have had anything I wanted. Choices were plentiful. I chose no Recaros, no nav (my iPhone and CarPlay work great) and no moonroof, and have never regretted my choices. I think the deal you are being offered sounds good.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Keep in mind that the Recaros are a love em or hate em thing. I bought my car new in 2017 and could have had anything I wanted. Choices were plentiful. I chose no Recaros, no nav (my iPhone and CarPlay work great) and no moonroof, and have never regretted my choices. I think the deal you are being offered sounds good.
Same here. The one I test drove had Recaros. I wasn't planning to autocross it, so they seemed too "committed" for my very casual use.

By the same token, if you end up with Recaros and don't like them, there are plenty of people here who want them and would trade you for the base seats plus a little $$.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Same here. The one I test drove had Recaros. I wasn't planning to autocross it, so they seemed too "committed" for my very casual use.

By the same token, if you end up with Recaros and don't like them, there are plenty of people here who want them and would trade you for the base seats plus a little $$.
Gotta add, though, that if you sell the Recaros, the stock seats aren't heated, so you lose that feature. I don't know whether the heated mirrors would still work.

We bought legendary cars. Everyone who sells will look back and think ā€œdamn I wish I kept that carā€.
Last year I bought a "legendary" car to replace my FiST: a BMW M coupe. Sold it after 4 months, enjoyed the FiST more. Glad I kept it while sorting out the shoe...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Last year I bought a "legendary" car to replace my FiST: a BMW M coupe. Sold it after 4 months, enjoyed the FiST more. Glad I kept it while sorting out the shoe...

I own a M car and the FiST is more fun. Though the M car does have the luxury feel. I will say that. In the end my M car is pretty much more legendary than my FiST not to say I do not consider the FiST to be in the same category . Though it did not win Best Car of the Year 10 years straight. .;)

I own a M car and the FiST is more fun. Though the M car does have the luxury feel. I will say that. In the end my M car is pretty much more legendary than my FiST not to say I do not consider the FiST to be in the same category . Though it did not win Best Car of the Year 10 years straight. .;)
Agreed. Everything felt better put-together and dialed in compared to the FiST. And admittedly a NA 6 feels more responsive than a turbo 4 at all RPMs. But the FiST is just so damn nimble and fun, like a practical Miata.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Agreed. Everything felt better put-together and dialed in compared to the FiST. And admittedly a NA 6 feels more responsive than a turbo 4 at all RPMs. But the FiST is just so damn nimble and fun, like a practical Miata.

Ya that is a excellent sum up.. That NA 6 just has gobs of TQ on hand in any gear lol. You can hit it in 5th and it pulls no downshifting needed. Though Ya while the E36 M3 was called the flying brick and it handles pretty damn well the reason people hate BMW drivers is because the car brings out aggressive driving, it does make holes.:LOL:

Though there is no mistaking in the FiST youā€™re in a go kart(aka turboā€™d 4 door Miata) and its going to go wherever you point it and where you made holes with the M3 you slip through slots with the FiST lol it raises the level several notches and ya you can piss people off with it pretty easily.
People do not like it when ones exploits the little bit of leeway given on the road. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP, I would hold out for a better specimen. While that is somewhat low miles, the seats having stains and kind of dirty engine compartment would tell me it wasn't well cared for. Find someone selling theirs that was OCD with it. That's how I am with mine and if I ever sell it, whoever gets it will be a lucky son of a gun.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I bought mine new in the first half of 2017 for $21,000.

I'd say you're getting a nice deal.
I bought my 2018 New , ordered and was delivered in July of 2018 for $19,678 with the Recaro's and Ebony wheels. It was also Orange Spice which was a option color just to give the OP about what people were paying new for the cars.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought my 2018 New , ordered and was delivered in July of 2018 for $19,678 with the Recaro's and Ebony wheels. It was also Orange Spice which was a option color just to give the OP about what people were paying new for the cars.
I paid about what you did for my '17. I didn't want the FiSTs they had on the lot and had the one I wanted shipped from another state. No discount for that move! :p
But in the end, I got just what I wanted.

I paid $17k OTD Nov. 2019 for a brand new '19 with TWP paint, black rims, nav (everything but Recaros and a sunroof). Of course, it was a super deal I shopped around for and they were really trying to clear out remaining stock at the time.