Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Got a "New to me" 2014 Fiesta ST

I just got a 2014 Fiesta ST with low miles 47k. So far the car is pretty fun. Handling is superb, Id prefer a bit more low rpm "punch" when accelerating it doesn't feel as fast as I hoped but it doesn't feel slow either once you "get on it" which is hard not to do. I'm going to enjoy the vehicle without a tune for awhile and see how that goes. I did a good bit of research, but from actual owners who drive the way I do (as aggressive as road conditions allow) other then on time oil changes, factory maintenance schedules, what should I do to keep this car in good shape? cobb motor mounts seem to be a common upgrade over factory. Id also like to switch to 5W - 30 full synthetic unless there is an issue with that Im not aware of.... any preventive maintenance, trouble areas I should be aware of? Also, when I do get a tune, cause that is going to happen, which do you recommend?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Welcome!

I have done nothing outside of scheduled maintenance, always done by Ford. Stuck with their motor craft synthetic blend. Running perfect at 68k miles.

MP215 tune gave me the few extra hp I was looking for without creating any semblance of torque steer.

Also had great luck with stratified custom tune on my mazdaspeed6 running E30. Highly recommend them if you want to go bigger on power mods.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Welcome,

If you have a 2014, make sure the recall was performed on it. All 2014s and some 2015s were recalled for a fire risk due to cracking cylinder heads. Ford will install a new coolant expansion tank and a new coolant line. https://www.thedrive.com/news/8759/ford-issues-recall-for-230000-more-vehicles-due-to-fire-risk Just make sure you keep an eye on coolant levels. Dont let them get low.

As far as issues, I've had a couple. Leaking valve gasket (replaced by warranty), brakes being pretty crappy when I replaced them. Slider pins have little to no grease, so watch out for siezing calipers. I also had to rebuild a caliper at 25k due to an O ring failing. Blend door actuator failed at 40k. I have a new one Im just lazy. In general change the oil and you'll be fine though. You can run 5W30 no problem. Its what I use (you have to for the Pumaspeed turbo upgrades)

Id recommend Dizzy Flash tunes. I ran the 93 and E30 tunes a lot before I went turbo upgrade and enjoyed them. My 93 tune dynoed around 200whp and 280tq IIRC.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Welcome,

If you have a 2014, make sure the recall was performed on it. All 2014s and some 2015s were recalled for a fire risk due to cracking cylinder heads. Ford will install a new coolant expansion tank and a new coolant line. https://www.thedrive.com/news/8759/ford-issues-recall-for-230000-more-vehicles-due-to-fire-risk Just make sure you keep an eye on coolant levels. Dont let them get low.

As far as issues, I've had a couple. Leaking valve gasket (replaced by warranty), brakes being pretty crappy when I replaced them. Slider pins have little to no grease, so watch out for siezing calipers. I also had to rebuild a caliper at 25k due to an O ring failing. Blend door actuator failed at 40k. I have a new one Im just lazy. In general change the oil and you'll be fine though. You can run 5W30 no problem. Its what I use (you have to for the Pumaspeed turbo upgrades)

Id recommend Dizzy Flash tunes. I ran the 93 and E30 tunes a lot before I went turbo upgrade and enjoyed them. My 93 tune dynoed around 200whp and 280tq IIRC.
Forgot my blend door actuator also went around 40k