Great Day at the Track - 14.5 NO MODS

Member ID
Ran At Mid Michigan MotorPlex in Stanton Michigan today. Conditions were perfect. Partly sunny, cool (56-63 deg.) and a tail wind. Since it was a Sunday T&T there were not many participants. Mid-Mich. always does a great job with the track prep and it got stickier as the day went on. I took 3 passes, let it cool and took 3 more. My 2015 Fiesta ST is completely stock as it came from the dealer. It is my daily driver and had 14,900 miles when I got to the track. This is my second track day with this car. I am #M2022. All passes were against my friends Veloster Turbo #M2021. He has an upgraded ECU and a cat-back.

The car was still full of crap including the Child seat for the 1st 3 passes.

1st pass. (the tower mixed up the numbers) The Veloster lost traction. I have a good pass but I red-lighted.
2nd pass. Good light, good 60' and I run my best ever pass in the car (14.726).....but get slaughtered by my buddies stupid Veloster
3rd pass. Veloster loses traction again, but my horrible R/T cost me the win, Lost of wheel hop in 1st and 2nd, but the car is making power.

I change the tire pressures to 29 front 42 rear, clean out the car (no baby seat or spare) and let it cool for an hour before the next 3 passes.

4th pass. Bad launch but the car is flying at the end of the track (97.02mph). Veloster red-lights, I win one finally
5th pass. I nail the launch perfectly, hit every shift perfect and get rewarded with an amazing pass of 14.582 @ 96.5. Plus my buddy loses traction again, another win.
6th pass. My favorite pass of the day. Dead even out of the gate and through the 60' then he misses a shift. I cut another 14.5 (barely).

Did not realize until I got home that we tied 3-3.

This car continues to amaze me with how good it is right from the factory. I was happy when I got the 14.7, the back to back 14.5s blew me away. I love this car!
scan0001.jpg scan0002.jpg

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Member ID
Nice runs and looks like it was a fun day.

fST

Member ID
That's awesome! Is this about as fast as the FiST will go bone stock? I've never seen proof of a faster FiST stock. My guess is that this is one of the best runs for a stock FiST. Is that correct?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Member ID
Congrats. Reading your write up sure conveys the fun you had.

OP
E
Member ID
Thread Starter #6
That's awesome! Is this about as fast as the FiST will go bone stock? I've never seen proof of a faster FiST stock. My guess is that this is one of the best runs for a stock FiST. Is that correct?
I had run 14.833 with 4500 miles on the car last fall and that was the fastest time slip I had seen. I have read guys claim 14.7s on various forums, but had not seen any backup. I have read multiple posts claim that based on trap speed this car could run mid 14s (they were right). I just got lucky and had perfect conditions...and didn't screw it up.

OP
E
Member ID
Thread Starter #7
Congrats. Reading your write up sure conveys the fun you had.
My friend with the Veloster and I have been drag racing cars motorcycles and snowmobiles against each other since the late 90's. To take 3 wins against his faster car makes it even sweeter.