Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gritty Clutch Pedal Feel Solved

I recently bought a new 2018. I love the car. My only complaint after a couple of weeks and a couple thousand miles is that my clutch pedal action felt horrible, like the pivot point of the pedal was dry galled metal on metal (or more accurately plastic on plastic).

I got some Teflon based Blaster Dry Lube, a plastic safe lube, and sprayed a few locations. Turns out it was the pivot points for the little plastic cup and spring that sits behind (on the driver side) of the clutch pedal pivot point that were the ones dragging. Evidently it was assembled bone dry. Not sure if that was by Ford design or not, but none-the-less it felt horrible and made smooth clutch use difficult. Now with just a few drops of lube squirted into each point the action is smooth as warm butter.

Hopefully someone may find the info useful.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I recently bought a new 2018. I love the car. My only complaint after a couple of weeks and a couple thousand miles is that my clutch pedal action felt horrible, like the pivot point of the pedal was dry galled metal on metal (or more accurately plastic on plastic).

I got some Teflon based Blaster plastic safe lube and sprayed a few locations. Turns out it was the pivot points for the little plastic cup and spring that sits behind (on the driver side) of the clutch pedal pivot point. Evidently it was assembled bone dry. Not sure if that was by Ford design or not, but none-the-less it felt horrible and made smooth clutch use difficult. Now with just a few drops of lube on each point the action is smooth as warm butter.

Should've gotten some pics man! [ridinghorse]

I got some Teflon based Blaster Dry Lube, a plastic safe lube, and sprayed a few locations. Turns out it was the pivot points for the little plastic cup and spring that sits behind (on the driver side) of the clutch pedal pivot point that were the ones dragging. Evidently it was assembled bone dry. Not sure if that was by Ford design or not, but none-the-less it felt horrible and made smooth clutch use difficult. Now with just a few drops of lube squirted into each point the action is smooth as warm butter.

Actually yea, any way you could post a pic of where you had it lubricated? I’m having this same problem and the car is fairly new... thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk