Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

H&R Trak+ spacers

TemecFist

Hopefully someone that is smarter than me can answer this question. I just ordered up 2 pairs of the H&R Trak+ 5mm spacers. I've heard 2 different things. 1) the 5mm are not huncentric 2) extended bolts are the same as stock.
Can anyone with experience with these confirm this? Is it better to go to a 10mm hubcentric spacer just because its hubcentric? Are the extended lub bolts even needed with just 5mm?

Thanks guys

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Hopefully someone that is smarter than me can answer this question. I just ordered up 2 pairs of the H&R Trak+ 5mm spacers. I've heard 2 different things. 1) the 5mm are not huncentric 2) extended bolts are the same as stock.
Can anyone with experience with these confirm this? Is it better to go to a 10mm hubcentric spacer just because its hubcentric? Are the extended lub bolts even needed with just 5mm?

Thanks guys
My 5mm ARE hubcentric. The bevel does not affect centering. It is an exact fit. I didn't get bolts (bought used) I heard they are 2-3 threads longer. I compared how many turns with and w/o the spacers. While I forgot the exact number now, I got about 9-10 turns before and 6-7 turns after. That's enough for me. My heavy-assed Volvo got 4 turns with aftermarket wheels...never loosened. YMMV

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #3
My 5mm ARE hubcentric. The bevel does not affect centering. It is an exact fit. I didn't get bolts (bought used) I heard they are 2-3 threads longer. I compared how many turns with and w/o the spacers. While I forgot the exact number now, I got about 9-10 turns before and 6-7 turns after. That's enough for me. My heavy-assed Volvo got 4 turns with aftermarket wheels...never loosened. YMMV

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
Awesome! Thank you SO much for the reply. I was getting kinda worried for a second. Lol.
Thank you!

CSM

1000 Post Club
I have these spacers on my FRS
- The provided studs are about 10mm longer than OEM. I didn't use the lugs as I went with ARP studs. I didn't think the H&R studs were as high quality as the ARP, and I didn't think they would hold up to Cleveland winters long term.
- They are hub centric and have really good machining tolerances. Very impressed

So far so good with these. Pretty happy

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #5
- The provided studs are about 10mm longer than OEM. I didn't use the lugs as I went with ARP studs. I didn't think the H&R studs were as high quality as the ARP, and I didn't think they would hold up to Cleveland winters long term.
- They are hub centric and have really good machining tolerances. Very impressed

Awesome. Thank you for the response. As of now, I think I'm just going to use the provided H&R studs for now. Those ARP are super nice, but pricey.

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #6

So far so good with these. Pretty

What length did you go with for the new ARP extended studs?

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #7

What length did you go with for the new extended ARP studs?

CSM

1000 Post Club
Last edited:
OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #10
2.535" https://arp-bolts.com/kits/arpkit-detail.php?RecordID=5168

also, FWIW rule of thumb is you can do up to 3mm spacers on OEM studs. any more and you really need to upgrade studs.

edit - had wrong ARP part #
I got the 5mm spacers, so I'll prob just use the H&R lug bolts for now. I should've ordered the ARP ones and did it all in one shot, but, I guess I messed up. I'll change them out later.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Do you have to take the hub off to replace the lug bolts, or can they be changed with them on the car?
Really depends on the car and the length of the new studs.
Can't speak for the Fiesta, but on the Scion you can do them on the car no problem. I was replacing all 4 anyways due to the age of the car and wanting a project, so it was pretty easy.

Ball joint removal tool makes it easy to press out the old studs. I use this tool to install the studs. Makes it really easy. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ETUD22/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you have to take the hub off to replace the lug bolts, or can they be changed with them on the car?
I was able to change mine with the hubs still on the car. You can rotate the hub to a certain point and they come in and out easily. I have the same ARP studs as above

I used one of my factory lug nuts (I didn't intend to reuse them) and tapped the old studs out with a dead blow. Doesn't take much effort.
I used this to install the new lugs. Pretty easy job
https://smile.amazon.com/Lisle-2280...1612411895&sprefix=stud+instal,aps,211&sr=8-3

CSM

1000 Post Club
I was able to change mine with the hubs still on the car. You can rotate the hub to a certain point and they come in and out easily. I have the same ARP studs as above

I used one of my factory lug nuts (I didn't intend to reuse them) and tapped the old studs out with a dead blow. Doesn't take much effort.
I used this to install the new lugs. Pretty easy job
https://smile.amazon.com/Lisle-22800-Wheel-Stud-Installer/dp/B000ETUD22/ref=sr_1_3?crid=FP2Y7Y08T9IK&dchild=1&keywords=stud+installer+tool&qid=1612411895&sprefix=stud+instal,aps,211&sr=8-3
Same install tool I used and linked above. Thing works great.

Just know that the bearing on the back of the tool is intended to be a wear item, and some people have reported issues with the bearing falling apart if you use an impact. I just used hand tools when installing my studs.

Last edited:
Same install tool I used and linked above. Thing works great.

Just know that the bearing is intended to be a wear item, and some people have reported issues with the bearing falling apart if you use an impact. I just used hand tools when installing my studs.
Same. I used no power tools. Just a standard socket wrench. They went in easier than expected.

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #16
Thanks guys. You really helped me out on this one. I really appreciate it my friends.