Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

H Street: father son adventure

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I have to learn the braking capabilities better.

Anyone else have trouble getting this car to stop?

I have had issues getting use to these cars braking capabilities for some reason during autocross. This is my 5th season running the fist and this year I feel I finally and starting to figure out brakes with this car. I assume your on good pads and not the low dust pads and on upgraded fluid?

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #62
I do not but that is a good point. I’ve not done anything to the car other then racewheels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #64
Quick recap of the 2 days

Day 1 we walked the course a lot and the child did find his way around on the 1strun without DNF’n. We took him to the practice course before he ran. He hit cones on both of the 1sttwo runs and we asked him to back off a little for the 3rd. So, we ended day 1 with a slow 75.9. Honestly just happy to get a time with no experience on big courses.

Day 2 we walked a lot again. Had the pace to be lower mid-pack on day 2 but cones and the car over heating held him back.

Super great moment of being pissed the car over heated and then 10 minutes later starting to plan next year and coming back.

I spent money for 6 tires this year on this car and had less than 1k in the season. The father son time was priceless.

The 1m and Tesla had north of 15k in them to run the cars for comparison for a 6thand 20thplace trophy and a lot questioning what the f are we doing……

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kt3xUWhhZo