Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone, anywhere ordered ATP's big turbo kit?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Who is this efr and what does he do? And how long before it comes out?
The EFR is a borg warner based turbo ( I think ). Its supposed to be more responsive than the GT-series turbo's offered for our cars, while keeping the same higher HP levels ( or slightly more?).

Rumor is... 2J wants to build a kit using the EFR. It will cost more than the ATP.

I have not looked that deep into it because I don't want even 300whp. My 354whp srt4 with 407tq was bat-crap crazy to get traction in. It would turn 235/50/15 drag radials into bubble gum at 50mph.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
is this the turbo we want? and why don't we have an adapter? im looking for about 260whp in the end

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
is this the turbo we want? and why don't we have an adapter?
I think everyone wants to get away from the stock exhaust manifold. I personally like cast manifolds. Not sure if the efr kits will use tubes or cast manifolds.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
yea i wish i had a seemingly endless budget.
For power... What does Rick have? A downpipe $250. Exhaust $400. Intercooler $350. Accessport $500. And $200 in misc piping type stuff? His upgraded stock turbo should come in under $1,000 tuned.

Now... How fast his car is going to be, lol. Yea... I'm with you. That car will be wicked fast with 215whp or 300whp. Its going to be fast not matter what. By dyno wise, he's not spending much, and very may well put down 270whp tuned. Who knows ;) ?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
You need to add 50-60 % to get that stuff to canada
Ole my stars... Wait... Does that mean I can buy parts from Canada for 50-60% less? Lol.

You need to make a road trip to a PO box in america !! Lol.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Ole my stars... Wait... Does that mean I can buy parts from Canada for 50-60% less? Lol.

You need to make a road trip to a PO box in america !! Lol.
Or find someone (preferably trustworthy) to buy parts (send them paypals) and ship them to you. They'd need to be close to the boarder to keep shipping low... If that plans works at all.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
No wonder F-body Camaros were so cheap !!! Lol. (Built in Canada).

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Example is the 2j down pipe is like 250 on the site. Convert to canadian. so about 265 ish. And shipping on the site was like 95$ US. So 365 ish for me.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
Example is the 2j down pipe is like 250 on the site. Convert to canadian. so about 265 ish. And shipping on the site was like 95$ US. So 365 ish for me.
If it makes you feel better, I pay'd $470 for my Miltek catless downpipe from the UK.

Look at what RAAM audio has done and what D1_JL is doing with his car.
I'm only partway to full bolt on, but the money's spent, and I'll be full-bolt-on by the end of the year as the parts come out.

What turns me off to the idea of a turbo kit is that it's an instant warranty voider. Even if I got a Cobb one free I'd be VERY hesitant about installing it on my daily as there's almost no data. Yeah it's fast and yeah we know the turbo's the bottleneck...

I agree though the lack of forum interest is weird, I reached out to them about wholesale like 4 months ago and never heard back.
+1
I would be way more willing to do this upgrade AFTER I have seen my Fist/other's Fists not have any issues with the powertrain/drivetrain/everything covered by the factory warranty. I am all for making bigger power out of this, but I'm also not Mr. Moneybags who can pay for a new motor or transmission should it be an issue in the latter lifetime of our vehicles.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
Awesome man !! Please keep the forum updated !! We really need more info on this type of upgrade as it comes along.

Sure i will do that, my turbo was sent today[twothumb]
Also i found this http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releas...14/ATP_FIESTA_ST_GTX2867R_330WHPCORRECTED.jpg.
Interesting:)
hum... notice 'fuel system maxed out'. Still i would be satisfied with less hp for this car. 250+ whp is enough.

any mention of the tune that this requires? and since the fuel system is maxed, that indicates you cannot get that amount of hp with e85 since it would require more fuel (this assumes the graph was for some sort of normal gas). also why mph and not rpms? would like to see torque/hp graphed against rpms...

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Like all of the ATP graphs, none of the important stuff is shown, like boost level, AFR, fuel, etc so all we can do is assume.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Like all of the ATP graphs, none of the important stuff is shown, like boost level, AFR, fuel, etc so all we can do is assume.
Don't get me started, lol. I'd love to see rpm.

What is that "din" thing mean?