Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone raised their rev limiter?

LILIKE16ST

I have my fbo x37 setup Rev limiter set at 7200 but I shift at 6800-7k. Been in this configuration since 50k now at over 111k no issues. I did like 280 wheel on the vdyno and it was doing this by I think 5500 and stayed flat till 7k when I shut her down. She has a nice wide powerband. In the future I am gonna do an s280 and +30% injectors and upgraded hpfp I'd like to see north of 350 whp around 28-30 psi on e30/e40.

I always read around 7300 is as far as you wanna go on a stock motor and that is the upper end of the spectrum so I always shifted 6800-7000.

Another thing I've heard from Adam at TunePlus is that these engines also have some sort of ecu limitation as well. I'd have to search it up to remember, but I believe it has to do with the crank position sensor not working above a certain rpm so another solution would have to be found to overcome that limitation.

Another thing I've heard from Adam at TunePlus is that these engines also have some sort of ecu limitation as well. I'd have to search it up to remember, but I believe it has to do with the crank position sensor not working above a certain rpm so another solution would have to be found to overcome that limitation.
I believe it is a hard fuel cut at 7500rpm.