Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Washington!

Hi guys, super excited to have just picked up a 2016 Molten Orange FiST. Only option is the Recaro package, 15k miles which is a little much already in my opinion but it is a CPO and I got a great deal I couldn't pass up.

IMG_8724-1
IMG_8725-1
IMG_8726-1

Sadly wrecked my daily Mustang last week and decided it was time for a change. I still have a 2006 Mustang that I do track days with and will remain the summer cruiser, but needed something that would be better in the snow and more comfortable. How are these cars in the snow by the way? With proper tires of course. Anyways, happy to be here with a bunch of fellow enthusiasts who like these cars. I've already been getting flack from a lot of people for going from a supercharged Mustang to this, but what can you do...Lol

Last edited:

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
The car is great in the snow as long as it isn't so deep that you become a plow (with proper tires of course. I use Michelin X-Ice3's)

Also, Welcome!

Zormecteon

I'm right up in Kelso... Test drove my first ST at Vancouver Ford. (I got a bad vibe from that dealer and bought at Courtesy Ford down in Portland). Keep me (us) posted on your servicing experiences. I've been satisfied with Courtesy, but only satisfied, not impressed. If there's a better place down there, I'd like to know.

By the way, I optioned mine exactly the same. Just Recaros.

It looks like you joined this forum in April so if you've been here now and then you already had a pretty good idea of the strengths of the FiST. It's unfortunate about your Mustang, but welcome to your new ownership experience. These cars offer so much. [twothumb]

meFiSTo

Welcome to the PNW crew. There is a (rather quiet) regional group down in the communities forum pile. Maybe checkout a PIR or The Ridge Motorsports track day next season. I like the SCCA tracknight in america events -- especially that they do back to back Th/F events in Shelton, then in Portland. Those are short days, but neat to have back to back at venues so relatively close. I have not yet seen another Fiesta ST at the track, but I know some of our number do track locally. You will love this car. It is NOT fast, but it's a hoot to drive at its limit.

OP
Speedboosted
Thread Starter #11
It looks like you joined this forum in April so if you've been here now and then you already had a pretty good idea of the strengths of the FiST. It's unfortunate about your Mustang, but welcome to your new ownership experience. These cars offer so much. [twothumb]
Yep I started looking at these back in the Spring. Lost interest during the summer as I had a bunch of stuff come up, then after the wreck decided it was time.

I'm right up in Kelso... Test drove my first ST at Vancouver Ford. (I got a bad vibe from that dealer and bought at Courtesy Ford down in Portland). Keep me (us) posted on your servicing experiences. I've been satisfied with Courtesy, but only satisfied, not impressed. If there's a better place down there, I'd like to know.

By the way, I optioned mine exactly the same. Just Recaros.
I officially bought the car through my dealership where I work, but we got it from our friends up at I-5 Cars in Chehalis. We also are a big repair shop that deals with all the local Ford dealers and can confirm Vancouver Ford is the worst lol. Northside is the best but they are almost exclusively trucks. Our shop is RPM Northwest if anyone has stuff they need, we specialize in diesel pickups and domestic performance cars. www.rpmpnw.com (remove if not allowed)

Welcome to the PNW crew. There is a (rather quiet) regional group down in the communities forum pile. Maybe checkout a PIR or The Ridge Motorsports track day next season. I like the SCCA tracknight in america events -- especially that they do back to back Th/F events in Shelton, then in Portland. Those are short days, but neat to have back to back at venues so relatively close. I have not yet seen another Fiesta ST at the track, but I know some of our number do track locally. You will love this car. It is NOT fast, but it's a hoot to drive at its limit.
Thanks! I've thought about taking it on track, but my Mustang is so much faster I feel like I'd get bored in the FiST. It does sub 2 minute laps at The Ridge and ORP, then some sub 1:30's last time I was at PIR. The Fiesta at ORP would be a blast however, might have to do that now that I think about it haha. I did a SCCA TN and hated it, too crowded for me. I usually run with ACCO at ORP and either TSS or The Ridge School when I head up to the Ridge.

For anyone local, feel free to send me a PM. I'd love to meet up and go on cruises, this definitely seems like a niche car that not many will appreciate. Side note...why doesn't my car have red calipers? I thought I read somewhere that it was a build date thing, my build date is 09/16.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!!

The red calipers from the factory are only on the ebony wheel option, except for the factory screwup for a couple of months (I believe it was only very EARLY build '16s? [dunno]) where they were shipping the Rado wheel cars with the red calipers, and the ebony wheel cars with the bare silver calipers.

OP
Speedboosted
Thread Starter #13
WELCOME and CONGRATS!!

The red calipers from the factory are only on the ebony wheel option, except for the factory screwup for a couple of months (I believe it was only very EARLY build '16s? [dunno]) where they were shipping the Rado wheel cars with the red calipers, and the ebony wheel cars with the bare silver calipers.
Ah, okay that makes sense. Might have to paint mine then, may do orange to match the car. I can't believe how cool the color is in the sunlight!

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Make another post. Quick!

The regional forum here is a ghost town. The NWST/RS Facebook group is much more active, although there are more Focus owners there than us Fiesta folk. Even still, its a good group and a great way to meet people.

OP
Speedboosted
Thread Starter #20
The regional forum here is a ghost town. The NWST/RS Facebook group is much more active, although there are more Focus owners there than us Fiesta folk. Even still, its a good group and a great way to meet people.
Good to know, just put in a join request tonight for that FB group.