Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help! Low boost - new sound

With the mishimoto charge pipes you're going to notice less of a "climax" with the pressure drop of the larger diameter tubing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Silly question, did you accidentally switch your map slot to eco mode? Meaning WG boost only (~4-8psi)?

OP
T
Thread Starter #30
Silly question, did you accidentally switch your map slot to eco mode? Meaning WG boost only (~4-8psi)?
No. I’ve tried it on custom tune, Cobb OTS and with AP unmarried. Drives with less power than stock. Maybe it’s time to rebuild the turbo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would think the dealership would have caught a spent turbo, but who knows. Are there any items I can log with the AP to verify?

Best way to check is to take the hose off the in inlet and move the compressor from side to side to check for play and move it in and out and even spin it. Look for oil also in the inlet hose....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #35
Man that sucks... what mods are you running? Didnt see a list anywhere.

Basically Mountune MR 230 without the downpipe, Mishimoto hard pipes, FSWerks short shifter, aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, AP with Mountune tune, carbon fiber shift knob

Another silly question, have you inspected all clamps, elbows, piping and welds from your cold side? I have heard a few issues in the past of:

COBB charge pipe cracked weld on support bracket.
Couplers blown off due to clamps loose after a tune.
Welds cracked on support flanges for intercoolers.

All of these scenarios would give you reduced boost, a loud hissing sound and may not throw a code. After everything else and now this last bit of advice, I am at a loss. Good luck to you! Let us know what you find.

OP
T
Thread Starter #37
Another silly question, have you inspected all clamps, elbows, piping and welds from your cold side? I have heard a few issues in the past of:

COBB charge pipe cracked weld on support bracket.
Couplers blown off due to clamps loose after a tune.
Welds cracked on support flanges for intercoolers.

All of these scenarios would give you reduced boost, a loud hissing sound and may not throw a code. After everything else and now this last bit of advice, I am at a loss. Good luck to you! Let us know what you find.
Didn’t check the intercooler. I’ll do that as well.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Try diverter valve. Mine wouldn't go over 16psi and that was the culprit.

OP
T
Thread Starter #39
So my son hit a dip pretty hard... and all of a sudden the boost is back. I’m at a complete loss. Any guesses?