Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help me pick my rims?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
So I'm torn between three rims on my black ST.

1. Starting off is the most expensive, but probably the highest quality. The Fifteen52 Podiums in a frosted black. I have $50 in Mountune points, so I'll get a discount but still a lot of money. The red locking cap is extra tho...
1566532436220.png

2. A cool set of Konig Lockouts. They're not grams which is nice and have a bronze that fits the car so win-win. Plus they're the middle of the price range.
1566532545967.png

3. Finally, we have the XXR 527 which are definitely the cheapest ($110 a rim!!!) but that's only if I get them before they runout. Also, they have extra holes which kinda is unsightly and ruins the look IMO.
1566532656517.png

So what do you think? Is there anything you think I should know about swapping rims? I'm pretty sure I need to buy lug nuts for the later two (not sure about the podiums).

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
What do you like about these wheels? Are you only looking at these or are you open to more?

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I like the podiums, the nice rotors and calipers might be swaying me though.
Yeah, they do look nice on that GTI. Doesn't hurt to spice up the background. Like in fast food commercials the food looks unrealistically delicious.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
What do you like about these wheels? Are you only looking at these or are you open to more?
I'm open to suggestions! Feel free to drop a pic. These were just some I came across either looking at the Wheel thread or in my personal time.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I love the way the Podiums look but I haven't been able to get info on their weight. Any idea how much they weigh?
Now that you mention it I haven't seen the weight of them. One site says they weight about 24 pounds, but that's for the 18's. The weight itself isn't that high of a priority though, I'm mostly looking for style.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Check out Prismatic powder coatings website.....they have some Sweet stuff. Then you just find a vendor on their locator that uses their products.
They have a load of different colors! Burgundy sounds kinda tempting to experiment with but it probably won't look too hot. I may have access to a spraying booth that I can use for free (all I need to buy is the paint itself) but I have never painted like that before. Should I pursue that or just get them professionally done?

I donā€™t know anything about wheels, but I vote for option 2. Do any of these adjust the offset so the wheels and tires sit more flush with the body?

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I donā€™t know anything about wheels, but I vote for option 2. Do any of these adjust the offset so the wheels and tires sit more flush with the body?
I know the Podiums are stock offset, 42mm. Konigs and XXRs are 40mm.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Stock offset kinda sucks if you are trying to fill out your wheel well. Even with an inch wider wheel you need to drop the offset 7-10mm in my opinion to look good. I cannot stand the fact that lowered my wheels look sunken running stock wheels. I know several people that put spacers on with stock wheels because of that.
Fifteen 52 wheels look nice but are not the lightest wheels out there. Even the XXR might edge out the 52ā€™s weight wise that being said the podiums do look cook. I personally think Konig Lockouts just look ok out of all the Konigs for our car I think the Dial INā€™s where pretty sick if you were willing to go 15. The Dekagrams are nice too but the 4x100 concave versions are the bomb.
Its really up to you. I had considered these
30ECB9C6-C52E-4C15-8C09-207583B4A40C.jpeg

for my car because of the color but they are not the lightest and they are Rotaā€™s which I am kind on the fence about. Especially cause Grids are basically Gram light knock offs.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Stock offset kinda sucks if you are trying to fill out your wheel well. Even with an inch wider wheel you need to drop the offset 7-10mm in my opinion to look good. I cannot stand the fact that lowered my wheels look sunken running stock wheels. I know several people that put spacers on with stock wheels because of that.
Fifteen 52 wheels look nice but are not the lightest wheels out there. Even the XXR might edge out the 52ā€™s weight wise that being said the podiums do look cook. I personally think Konig Lockouts just look ok out of all the Konigs for our car I think the Dial INā€™s where pretty sick if you were willing to go 15. The Dekagrams are nice too but the 4x100 concave versions are the bomb.
Its really up to you. I had considered these
View attachment 22960

for my car because of the color but they are not the lightest and they are Rotaā€™s which I am kind on the fence about. Especially cause Grids are basically Gram light knock offs.
I was actually looking at Decagrams, but they didn't have 4x108s, at least not in the bronze. If I get a Konig, it's definitely gonna be bronze. In terms of filling up the wheel well, I wanted to get some Mountune springs to lower it down a bit.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Stock offset is actually 47.5, not 42.
There are aftermarket wheels that come in 45 offset and 17x8 at about $145 per, with the 4x108 lug pattern. I will look around for them, I forgot the name.
As for looks, the fifteen52 are sweet

EDIT: Advanti s1 storm! I believe they are also flow formed, so they are lighter and STRONGER

Last edited:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know you said that you're more interested in style, but lighter wheels are one of the best performance modifications you can make. All the wheels that you're interested in are cast, not flow-formed. For less than the Fifiteen52's and just a little more than the Konig, you can find high-quality flow-formed wheels from Konig, e.g. the Dekagrams. These are stronger, more durable, and almost certainly lighter than any cast wheel in your price range.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
I know you said that you're more interested in style, but lighter wheels are one of the best performance modifications you can make. All the wheels that you're interested in are cast, not flow-formed. For less than the Fifiteen52's and just a little more than the Konig, you can find high-quality flow-formed wheels from Konig, e.g. the Dekagrams. These are stronger, more durable, and almost certainly lighter than any cast wheel in your price range.
I looked at the Dekagram, but they don't have them in our Bolt pattern in 17"s unfortunately. I'll keep an eye out for some flow-formed. Besides the Asanti Storms, do you have any suggestions for a 17 rim size?

Last edited:
OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Stock offset is actually 47.5, not 42.
There are aftermarket wheels that come in 45 offset and 17x8 at about $145 per, with the 4x108 lug pattern. I will look around for them, I forgot the name.
As for looks, the fifteen52 are sweet

EDIT: Advanti s1 storm! I beleive they are also flow formed, so they are lighter and STRONGER
Thanks for the correction. I always thought they were 42 for whatever reason.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the correction. I always thought they were 42 for whatever reason.
np

I looked at the Dekagram, but they don't have them in our Bolt pattern in 17"s unfortunately. I'll keep an eye out for some flow-formed. Besides the Asanti Storms, do you have any suggestions for a 17 rim size?
Konig hypergrams are 17x8

2017 w/Recaros - bone stock