Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help with High Beam install

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Good luck with that! In my
Sweet, looks like you get some nice throw distance, I'll eventually switch my high beams over to the Aukee too... Well, I'm off to install my new intercooler today and my induction hose comes Tuesday, I'm finally getting my main mods complete!
Nice to hear! Good luck! Prepare for something to go wrong. It always seems to with me in my experience.

So now 6 months later, do you feel like it was worth it? I don't use my high beams too often, but when I do I'd like them to match the LED low beams.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
So now 6 months later, do you feel like it was worth it? I don't use my high beams too often, but when I do I'd like them to match the LED low beams.
Yeah absolutely. Even minor upgraded beams are 10x better than the stock crap ones. I kept the oem low beams since I didn't want to blind people or potentially mess them up.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yes, absolutely. I originally just moved my halogen high beams over and wasn't happy. Once I figured out the the type to get I love my high beams, worth every bit of $35 to have it done and over with

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah absolutely. Even minor upgraded beams are 10x better than the stock crap ones. I kept the oem low beams since I didn't want to blind people or potentially mess them up.
You should consider some of the ones proven to have no glare. Tech Max Gen 2 are amazing! If you really don't like them and think they are blinding people send them back, easy with Amazon, but I seriously doubt you will

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
You should consider some of the ones proven to have no glare. Tech Max Gen 2 are amazing! If you really don't like them and think they are blinding people send them back, easy with Amazon, but I seriously doubt you will

Ill probably get to it eventually. Got other stuff on my plate for the car first tho. Trunk bar and caliper paint to name a few.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have a few projects lined-up, but I'll definitely add this to the list.

Ill probably get to it eventually. Got other stuff on my plate for the car first tho. Trunk bar and caliper paint to name a few.
I'll second the compliment for the TechMax Gen2. That's what I'm using in my low beams, and I am thoroughly impressed that LEDs in a reflector housing do so well.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
I'll second the compliment for the TechMax Gen2. That's what I'm using in my low beams, and I am thoroughly impressed that LEDs in a reflector housing do so well.

You got a link to these? Do I need an adapter for them like the high beams or are they relatively plug and play?

You got a link to these? Do I need an adapter for them like the high beams or are they relatively plug and play?
Dan had a link in the LED headlights thread. They are plug and play.
Full disclosure, the driver's side went it snug but no issue. The passenger side gave me a little bit of pushback. I chose to not fight it and trim a bit of the inside of the housing.

Did you guys leave the ballast/resistor in the housing? Does it matter where it goes for the the high beam or even the lowbeam?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Did you guys leave the ballast/resistor in the housing? Does it matter where it goes for the the high beam or even the lowbeam?
I left the LED drivers outside the housing for best heat dissipation with LED's sensitive to heat, I don't use rear housing caps and never had any issues with moisture. For high beams I just used LED's with internal drivers, you could always use TechMax or others that have internal drivers instead too.