Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hi hiya howdy etc

OP
unclefester
Thread Starter #21
Correct :D It's a shit ( and expensive) state of affairs. Best state for me so far has been Oregon, it's fantastic. They have cheap fuel AND mandatory pump service, even when it's hoofing down. How much more civilised can you get!!

95 and 97 to 99 is your choice. Unless you go to the race circuits and top up with the 102 stuff but you'll need deep pockets for that.

Last edited:
OP
unclefester
Thread Starter #22
Not much gone on of late ( thanks Covid) but as i'm back to work in a real job and not working from home. Looked at replacing the Fiesta but new cars are expensive and for any increase in MPG that a PHEV might get me, the buying cost in no way justifies the fuel savings. Fiesta has been returning just above 40mpg. So the Fiesta has been in regular use and is staying for the forseeable.

Net result is that Sony stereo HAD to go. Sure the double din stuff is not pretty but the Sony is annoying me and isn't exactly pretty either. I want to fit a sub and I need crossover control to remove the lower bass frequencies from the OEM speakers, none of which the Sony is capable of. I know the factory speakers in the early 2013/2014 cars are good, much better than the later years and I'm not planning on fitting an amp to them - so replacing the Sony unit is the right way to go.

So ordered these.

Kenwood 5020DABS - https://www.kenwood.eu/car/navigation_multimedia/multimedia/DMX5020DABS
CTKFD16 Double Din adapter - https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CTKFD16
And a replacement hazard switch.- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133843874710?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20200818143230&meid=821e47a207e84cde90d220ad73163daa&pid=101224&rk=3&rkt=5&sd=272376904287&itm=133843874710&pmt=1&noa=1&pg=2047675&algv=DefaultOrganicWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c101224.m-1

Brexit has sent prices up and stock of anything down so had to pay a little more than I wanted for the HeadUnit but meh ... it's either pay more and have one or moan about the price and don't have one whilst supplies dwindle and prices continue to go up.

The other thing that has been taking up my time is this http://www.delsoluk.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35353 which is my summer fun car ( and Covid project) but that's under a cover and tucked away for the winter.

OP
unclefester
Thread Starter #23
Think I'm at the end of the line with the Fiesta but not Ford. Been for a test drive today in a new Puma ST line X MHEV Auto and with the 26mth 0% deal currently on - it's time for pastures new.

It's just an all round better car for what I need. Will post up once this goes and that arrives.

Thought best poke a head in here and say hi.

New to Ford and just bought a 2014 Frost white Fiesta ST3. Utterly boring bone stock apart from HID lights, interior leds and some winter 15" wheels that have been tucked away until later in the year.

Sold a commuter Aygo and a Honda S2000 to buy this and get down to one car and one bike (Z1000 SX) so that's fun well and truly covered.

So far a lot of fun. Plans? None really. Maybe a decat / exhaust / upgraded fmic but most likely just drive it :)
Welcome mate 👍🏼

OP
unclefester
Thread Starter #25
Just as a word of caution - turns out the keys in the Fiesta aren't as smart as i thought they were. First time it has ever done this - opened the passenger door using the handle ( keys in bag) put bag and stuff on seat, shut door and went around to drivers side ... locked. As is the boot AND the passenger door. Little black button on doors does nothing, nor does the boot(trunk) release.Both keys in my bag as it was off to be traded in today! So had to call my breakdown company to get me in. That's the last time I ever trust a smart key, they are going back to living in my pocket - permanently.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Just as a word of caution - turns out the keys in the Fiesta aren't as smart as i thought they were. First time it has ever done this - opened the passenger door using the handle ( keys in bag) put bag and stuff on seat, shut door and went around to drivers side ... locked. As is the boot AND the passenger door. Little black button on doors does nothing, nor does the boot(trunk) release.Both keys in my bag as it was off to be traded in today! So had to call my breakdown company to get me in. That's the last time I ever trust a smart key, they are going back to living in my pocket - permanently.
That was God telling you not to trade in the fiesta

OP
unclefester
Thread Starter #27
I'm more inclined to think it was his asshole friend Murphy ;-) I can't complain, between the Honda S2000 i had for almost 10 years and this i've had for i think 4 years - that's 14 years in two of the best drivers cars in the world.

The Fiesta is going because i no longer enjoy driving it on the roads i have to drive it on. 90% of the driving I do is not for pleasure, nor is it by choice. 10% of fun is not enough to continue ownership. As i've said, i have the Z1000SX for when i want speed / scared and i have the Honda Del Sol if i want a bit of open topped summer fun.

Puma ST Line X MHEV Auto has every option ticked except the panoramic roof (too expensive) and i don't trust them not to leak / whistle. It's comfortable, reasonably quick,handles nicely, rides really well and has all the nice toys the Fiesta had and the extra ones it has are factory standard, not user added. The 7 speed auto is a lovely thing to drive!!! B&O Stereo, subwoofer, heated wheel, seats, mirrors and front and rear screens. Full LED light pack etc etc etc. It's also remappable to nudging 150bhp should I go down that route in a couple of years, fit the bigger turbo from the higher powered engine and a smidge more closer to the ST but without the compromised ride - whether the DSG box can take that, who knows.

The fact that the first 26 months are 0% interest, with the £6k i'l get for mine, it means in 2 years time i can buy it outright for a shade over £16k when interest rates have calmed. A 2 year old one from Ford currently in this spec is over £23k. That's effectively £7k for mine ( i only paid £9k 4 years ago) and if i do decide to keep it ( i'm not a serial car changer) I get to buy a car i know the history of from brand new.

The forums are not a patch on this one, you guys have been superb :)

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The actual Puma ST is still not (and most likely never will be) offered in an AWD version, correct?
It is still offered in a 6 speed, manual though, yes?

OP
unclefester
Thread Starter #29
Yep. FWD and manual. There is a 'soft' ST now available with the auto transmission and the 155bhp engine but quite why you'd go for that over the normal 155bhp Vignale/Ruby/ST LineX i'm not sure.

Genuinely I preferred the seats and ride in the less focused model.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A full-on RS version of that (replete with a REAL, never overheating, rear axle/diff) would be cool, even though we will never get even the base version here. [:(] [mad]

One of the very few 'cute utes' I like at all, along with the Hyundai Kona.

OP
unclefester
Thread Starter #34
Mine is 5kg lighter than a MK8 St - although not with my fat carcass in it :D But i'd say comparable weight.

It really is just a MK8 fiesta in a different dress but that's not a bad thing and unlike all the heavy ass SUV stuff, it's light and chuckable. 7spd DSG box really suits it .... IF i get bored once the warranty runs out and i still have it, a remap to 150ish bhp or a bigger turbo would take it up to more .... but honestly it doesn't need it and i've the bike for speed.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Mine is 5kg lighter than a MK8 St - although not with my fat carcass in it :D But i'd say comparable weight.
That's interesting and really good. I would have assumed it was considerably heavier, at least a couple hundred pounds. Enjoy it, it looks like you're going to have fun with it.

OP
unclefester
Thread Starter #37
A full-on RS version of that (replete with a REAL, never overheating, rear axle/diff) would be cool, even though we will never get even the base version here. [:(] [mad]

One of the very few 'cute utes' I like at all, along with the Hyundai Kona.
Google Puma ST haha. They do this with the same running gear as the MK8 Fiesta ST

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Google Puma ST haha. They do this with the same running gear as the MK8 Fiesta ST
Yes, I know about that ride (and if I needed a ride currently, and could afford one, I would buy one if we could here [thumb]).

I was inferring an AWD version, making it an 'RS'. [wink]