Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

High idle in single digit temps

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Likenthe titles states in sigle digit temps i have been getting a prolonged high idle on cold start. ( hanging at 1500 rpm forever until i start driving the car, then it dips back down to normal) assuming no boost leaks as the car idles normal after that point. The high idle will stay even after its up to temp i stead of stepping down like it normally does.

Currently im on the oem tune and i dont habe my AP married of even in the car.

My guess is sticky throttle body?? Its a symptom that only pops up in extreme cold.

Car has 100800 miles.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I will keep an eye on mine to see how it compares. I only let my car idle about 5 seconds before I start driving (gently of course) so I don't know if I would notice an extended high idle (and I am tuned which may change behavior)

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Krug that is true, what worries me is when its been idling at 1500 for over 5 minutes while i make lunchch for work and gather my stuff, plenty of tim for it to find closed loop and idle down imo. Or at least drop down to 1000 rpm.

Car also has stock cat and heat sheilding is in place. At least until catless downpipe gets installed.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
My AP has been out from dealing with the work at the dealership. Itll be going back in soon.