Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hijinx’ Build

Siestarider

I ran my stock turbo pre-Cobb tuning to 138.5 two way average measured by rpm x gears and tires. Just to find out. Took a loooong time to get to stable r's, tried both 5th and 6th, pulled just a hair higher mph in 5th.

Your standing start 1/2 @ 161 is another dimension. It is so far past stock performance I am stunned. Congratulations seems a little light given the magnitude of your achievement.

So I am toasting you: Here's to Hijinx and Selena, baddest Fist in the whole damn town.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #183
I ran my stock turbo pre-Cobb tuning to 138.5 two way average measured by rpm x gears and tires. Just to find out. Took a loooong time to get to stable r's, tried both 5th and 6th, pulled just a hair higher mph in 5th.

Your standing start 1/2 @ 161 is another dimension. It is so far past stock performance I am stunned. Congratulations seems a little light given the magnitude of your achievement.

So I am toasting you: Here's to Hijinx and Selena, baddest Fist in the whole damn town.
Thanks, Siesta. The car is/was/will be a beast for sure. But, I just install parts and drive it. Russ is the real mastermind here lol.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #184
Today I picked up, well, leased a new type of beast.

It's a base model Civic LX CVT. For the last few months, I'd been debating a DD. Well, some friends showed me the light on leasing. Likely will do wheels and definitely tint it. Another consideration is a black grille, but it looks like an involved process so that may not happen. So, yeah, that's what's happening in Hijinx World.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats, FiST going to be a dedicated project car?

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #186
Congrats, FiST going to be a dedicated project car?
Thanks.

Not completely, no. I just want to be able keep it off the streets so much, especially in the winter.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #187
Oh, look...a title change [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #194
[hihi] I love the irony...you know, because it's still a damn Fiesta.
It might be an inexpensive car, but that doesn't mean you have to go about it being mediocre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it bro! I have been to several Shift Sector races here in California and have learned to greatly respect what it takes just to break into the 150 range.....Fantastic FIST!!

Can't wait to see what you do on the built motor, congrats!

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #196
Love it bro! I have been to several Shift Sector races here in California and have learned to greatly respect what it takes just to break into the 150 range.....Fantastic FIST!!

Can't wait to see what you do on the built motor, congrats!
Thanks, man. I'm glad there are at least a few that can appreciate it. I actually had a guy tell me he could 150 in his moms Civic, and he wasn't trolling. His misconception was really just that bad.

I LOVE Shift Sector 1/2 Mile Racing. There were new Porsche's, Lamborghini's. Last year saw a 918 up close and personal and of course he ran it, went like 170 ish. People have no idea what kind of power and traction it takes to go 160, 180 etc..
If one had to guess the HP needed to achieve the records now being recorded in the 240 range it boggles. This is the first I have heard of someone racing the Fist in the half mile. 150 is a huge achievement let alone 160.

What are your estimates for HP with the motor that blew and what are your goals for the built block motor? Are you going to keep it 1.6?

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #198
I LOVE Shift Sector 1/2 Mile Racing. There were new Porsche's, Lamborghini's. Last year saw a 918 up close and personal and of course he ran it, went like 170 ish. People have no idea what kind of power and traction it takes to go 160, 180 etc..
If one had to guess the HP needed to achieve the records now being recorded in the 240 range it boggles. This is the first I have heard of someone racing the Fist in the half mile. 150 is a huge achievement let alone 160.

What are your estimates for HP with the motor that blew and what are your goals for the built block motor? Are you going to keep it 1.6?
There's another guy here who likes to take his out to SSs Pikes Peak event, I think he claims to have done 120s or so. I'm into it because I work for WannaGoFast lol.

Anyway, we guesstimate it was north of 430whp, possibly 450s. Of course there was a lot of foot work and boost limiting for traction on the Conti DWs, but the car really did it out of sheer power-to-weight ratio. Goals for the built engine are 500whp on racegas, maybe more if the transmission will take it and the fuel is there. Low-mid 400whp for daily on E40. I'm tapping out on the Fiesta for this year, but next year I hope to move on to a port injection aux system, and hopefully a new LPFP to run high 400s-500whp daily. It's definitely remaining a 1.6L, that's the best part, IMO. Compression is being upped to 11:1, GTX2871r, 34-36psi (I believe, we'll see), but no cams, I'll let someone else experiment with that one.

Compression is being upped to 11:1, GTX2871r, 34-36psi (I believe, we'll see), but no cams, I'll let someone else experiment with that one.
Holy crap man. 11:1 with that much boost. So much has changed over the years. So awesome.

MPA

Sounds like it's going to be a bigger monster than it was. Hopefully I'll get to see it in person one day once it's done.