Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hitting the 1/4 mile tomorrow, guesses on ET?

Taking my stock '15 ST to US 41 drag strip tomorrow. Should have great air. DAs were around -900 today hopefully tomorrow too.

They're known for terrible prep and it's hovering around 45* so traction will probably be an issue. Definitely not my first rodeo. But it is my first time at the track with fwd.

I figure if I can 60' in the 2.1 I may be looking at 14.5s. Who knows. Guesses?

If you can get a 2.1 60' and the temps are good and the DA is good probably 14.6-14.9. Good luck let us know how you do. [shakehands]

OP
StayPuft
Thread Starter #3
Thanks! Any tips on squeezing the best ets out of these cars? Are you taking it to redline or short shifting to stay in the torque band? I noticed on stock dyno sheets that power tapers off quick above 6k

Pray for traction. Find what works best for you but I shift at 6k. Be gentle with the launch and try not to wheel hop.

OP
StayPuft
Thread Starter #6
As expected, traction was seriously lacking. Best time was 14.9 @ 95mph with 2.3 60'. No track prep, didn't mess with tire psi, and temps were low 40s.

Now that my racing excuses are out of the way, can't wait to get at it in the spring. Hopefully with a tune and exhaust!

OP
StayPuft
Thread Starter #8
Thanks! Traction will come and go but I'm real happy with the mph. Highest mph was 95.7 so I know the power is there.

My previous experiences drag racing were rwd v8s with either a big stall or dumping the clutch on a Ford 9" rear with 315 Mickey Thompson drag radials. Fwd is definitely a different ball game at the strip.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thanks! Traction will come and go but I'm real happy with the mph. Highest mph was 95.7 so I know the power is there.

My previous experiences drag racing were rwd v8s with either a big stall or dumping the clutch on a Ford 9" rear with 315 Mickey Thompson drag radials. Fwd is definitely a different ball game at the strip.
Good run OP...I know the feeling. FWD is definitely a game changer. I imagine that you were getting a decent amount of wheel spin in 1st, 2nd and even 3rd with the cool temps outside.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Pray for traction. Find what works best for you but I shift at 6k. Be gentle with the launch and try not to wheel hop.
I find this car to have the least wheel hop out of any car that I have had with the mods I have....in fact, a few weeks ago, I was testing my launch control and I released the clutch and was like shit, the engine is revving and I'm barely moving. At first I thought that the clutch was slipping, lol, so I let out of it. Then I get out of the car to see a set of beautiful 20ft black marks on the pavement in the parking lot I was in. I couldn't even feel the wheels spinning. This makes it more difficult to control the wheel spin at the strip.

OP
StayPuft
Thread Starter #11
Sure was. Luckily wheel hop wasn't an issue. Honestly one of the biggest hurdles was hearing the engine when running against one of the big boys haha. Couldn't hear the engine or tire spin.

I may pick up some cheap drag radials to keep on hand for the 2-3xs i go